Naughty Or Nice?
The fiancee and I were cruising around La Vie En Rose in preparation for me to write this post, when he asked one of the (very helpful!) staff, “Do you get many guys in here, shopping by themselves?” To which we were told – yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Typically speaking the guy will be in one of two camps. The first is hopelessly lost, with the trusty staff to point them in the right direction depending on their spouse’s tastes. The other is sheepishly straightforward, with a picture or a link printed out and clear instructions on what exactly she wants. If you want to fall in the latter camp – or at least be able to give your guy some ideas – I’ve whipped up one heck of a post for you, featuring my favourite gift ideas to suit your naughty and your nice sides – at any age!
My favourite thing about shopping at La Vie En Rose is the fact they really are a great gift-giving destination: every gal loves her some new lingerie or PJs, and it’s a gift that’s not only needed, but desired. So if you’re ready to be desirable yourself, read on + be SURE to check out the amazing SALE going on right now: most items are buy one, get one 50% off!
Okay so no parent really wants to think of their teen indulging in their ‘naughty’ side, but that doesn’t mean she needs to wear Barbie PJs when she’s sixteen. My ‘naughty’ ideas are more about indulging the fun, playful side of growing up – like touches of grown-up lace on an otherwise demure sleepshirt, a faux fur vest that can be worn while reading in bed or after yoga class, and slouchy, snuggly moon boots to pad around the house in. Meanwhile these totally adorbs ‘nice’ short-sleeve PJ sets are totally sleepover appropriate, and those plush slippers will literally put your tootsies to sleep. Given this is the last era where it’s pretty much expected for parents to buy PJs for their kiddies – have a little fun with it!
For Your 20s:
– Diamond Sparkle Bra, Thong & Garter – $15.95 – $39.95
With your 20’s it’s all about showing off what you got: whether with that special someone, or while enjoying the single life, it’s time to be uber flirty and take advantage of your natural sex appeal. Give him a dazzling Christmas treat with the Diamond Sparkle collection – with sheer panels, rhinestones, and jewels, it’s a classy way to release your inner showgirl. Meanwhile when you’re feeling a little snugglier, channel your inner Swiss Miss with this ski chalet inspired duo of cable knit booties and an adorable printed romper – perfect for staying toasty warm while still showing off those gams.
When you hit your 30s, there might very well be children underfoot – and both of these picks reflect that. Hide any slightly worrisome jiggly bits and still knock his proverbial socks off with this super sexy merrywidow + don the lacy sleep mask after a fun night. And on the nice side, envelope yourself in these sophisticated, oh-so-soft, cotton-lined satin PJs in silver stripes or granite polka dots. The shine factor will still make you feel glam, but keep you buttoned up in front of the little ones.
For Your 40s:
– Lois Satin Nightie – $39.95
A little more covered up can still be a whole lotta sexy, as evidenced by these short, lace-trimmed satin nighties. With side cutouts and a dramatic open back, it’s comfy enough to play seductress and sleep in. On the nice side, La Vie En Rose has a huge collection of Alpine-inspired snuggly gear including these pom-pom trimmed, hooded fleece sleepshirts and matching knit booties. Because really, there’s nothing cute about getting a chill!
For Your 50s & Beyond:
– Polyna Gown – $49.95
Unleash your inner mid-century movie star with one of these dramatic satin gowns – but still show off a bit of demure skin with the plunging v-neck and lace-paneled back. Available in rawr-worthy cheetah print and striking black and red, it’s a stunning fail-safe option for your wife. Meanwhile, if you’re in on the joke that retirement age might not be the time to be breaking out the corsets, go for this whimsical printed sleepshirt (there’s actually a half-dozen less tongue-in-cheek options), a pair of cute knitted socks, and bundle up with an ultra-plush short robe. We all know – a sense of humour never goes out of style, am I right?
Congrats kids! By ogling all the cute lingerie and snuggly sleepwear, you’re now on your way to possibly winning a $100 gift card from La Vie En Rose to outfit your boudoir properly. Here’s how to enter:
1) Check out the La Vie En Rose holiday catalogue and scope out your top two gift ideas – they can be on your wish list, or on your shopping list! Tell me what you’d pick and who it’s for in the comments below before January 2nd to earn yourself an entry into the draw.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around January 3rd to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow La Vie En Rose on Twitter (send them a Tweet!) or like them on Facebook (leave ’em a comment!) or follow them on Pinterest (comment on one of their pins!) to earn yourself up to three bonus entries. Be sure to drop your Twitter handle & Facebook username & Pinterest username in the comments below so I can verify your bonus entries.