What’s The Big Idea?

The Big Idea NotepadWhat It Is: Toward the beginning of the year, a lot of people often press the ‘reset’ button on their lives – looking ahead to what they want to do with their lives or what they want to accomplish this year. If you’ve got a lot of big ideas but nowhere to contain ‘em, this nifty notepad from Chronicle Books may help you out. It features fifteen different types of sheets (and 100 pages) for everything from blue sky brainstorming to guided mental mapping. Keep in mind that, like most notebooks, the pages within are only as brilliant as your brain power – many of the pages simply feature an encouraging message as opposed to thought triggers. But sometimes you need a little inspiration to get going, am I right?

Who It’s For: Your brainy coworker, as a fun birthday present. Your inspiring spouse, to help them plan for what they’ve determined to be a ‘big year’ in their life. Your mom or dad, who still has plenty to offer the world by way of their decades of experience.

What It Costs: $18.95 is the list price.

Where It’s At: Amazon has it (and at a lower price), but is almost out of stock, however I scouted it at a number of different places, including Opus Art Supplies.

Earn a bonus entry into yesterday’s dreamy Octaspring giveaway by leaving a comment on this post telling me what your New Year’s Resolution (or intention) is. Would this nifty notepad help you achieve it?

About these ads
Comments
17 Responses to “What’s The Big Idea?”

My resolution is to consume more fruits and veggies. I don’t really think this notepad would help with that,

I’m trying to reduce my salt intake. I think a post-it attached to the fridge or stove would be more helpful than a notepad. That being said, I do think the notepads are cute, just not for me.

I want to start journaling and exercise my brain every day so this would be perfect.

4. Kimberley says:

My intention is to move to a smaller house. I am cleaning out closets, selling furniture and getting in the mindset of empty nesting and living with less.

5. I have a few resolutions, one of them being to become more organized and I think these notepads could help me with that. I could write down daily reminders and to-do lists.

My resolution is to try one new recipe a week. I have also pledged to read 75 books. These books would be a great place to record my progress!

My resolution is to get in better physical condition – keeping track of activities would certainly help.

8. Athena says:

My resolution is to get in shape. I think keeping in track of activities would help as well as to give myself motivational notes.

9. Pamalot says:

my New Year’s resolution is to purge my house of 2014 items.

10. Erika E says:

My resolution is to cook and eat healthier. I could use the note pads for my various lists.

11. Grace says:

My resolution is to floss twice per day. While I don’t know if the notebooks will help with that, I do love making lists!

12. Emilia says:

yup the big go for it pad will help me with my budgeting goals for the new year.

13. Suzanne G says:

I want to prepare my meal menus a week in advance and believe in doing so will save on wasted food. The pad would be perfecting for writing down my meal plans.

Mine is to be healthier and I could definitely see myself making daily “mini-goals” on a notepad like that!

15. beewbedard says:

to maintain my weight loss

I don’t make resolutions any more, I always felt guilty when I didn’t keep them, but I do plan on eating healthier, maybe a bit more organic food in my diet.

17. julia g says:

My resolution is to not put off doing any chore that takes less than five minutes to complete.