Blinded Me With Science
I feel like I’m repeating myself when I keep highlighting new fave brands and new fave products…but there are SO MANY great brands out there, and today’s umbrella of brands are certainly amongst them.
Introducing DECIEM, which charmingly refers to itself as ‘The Abnormal Beauty Company’. Founded by industry vet Brandon Truaxe (who successfully launched two other high-profile body / skincare / cosmetics companies in the past), DECIEM rocks for a whole host of reasons, including but not limited to:
- They’re based in Toronto. Which is cool enough on its own…but they actually do their R&D in-house in Toronto AND their manufacturing. So this is a totally amazing Canadian brand from start-to-finish.
- Their products are totally different from virtually anything you’ve ever seen on the shelves.
- They actually have – as I mentioned above – an umbrella of brands, each with its own unique focus, so you can either jump between them based on what you’re looking to improve, or peruse their entire lineup.
- Depending on the brand you’re shopping from, they offer free worldwide shipping or free express shipping in Canada.
- Their whole brand has a cool, science-y vibe to it. You get the feeling (and results) that their brand promises are based on actual scientific considerations and not just empty promises.
Today I’m going to give you a quick tour of several of their portfolio of brands – then I invite you to peruse their site to check ’em out for yourself!
Hylamide – From $20
First up we have skincare line Hylamide. Housed in Pantone-esque, lab-style eyedropper bottles, these compact complexes each offer their own benefits. Mix and match them to create your ideal skincare cocktail – start with a product from the Core Series for daily use, then add on Boosters ($20 each) to address specific seasonal concerns or things you really want to focus on for a period of time. After you’ve saturated your skin with the good stuff, check out their super cool lineup of Photography Foundation, designed to ‘blur’ imperfections and give you a flawless face. It’s a perfect 1-2-3 punch and all of it is totally affordable!
Fountain – From $24
If you believe that beauty comes from the inside out, then Fountain is for you – cause that’s exactly how it works. This intriguing line of health and beauty tonics are formulated to perk up your system with specialized supplements. The concept is simple – take a spoonful of your chosen supplement (called ‘Molecules’) each day, and see the results. Their range of tonics is pretty impressive too – from ones designed to boost your hair or skin clarity to ones that can supercharge your energy and overall health. It’s a neat ‘beauty gift’ for people who don’t want to use actual beauty products.
HIF (Hair is Fabric) – From $25
If push came to shove, I *may* have to identify HIF as my favourite of the DECIEM brands…a super targeted hair care line, designed to treat your hair as gently as if it were couture clothing at the dry cleaners, every time I use my Volume Support conditioner, I’m blown away by how amazing my hair looks and feels. It’s almost a freakish type of clean. I’d also like to mention at this point that all of DECIEM’s brands have interesting pricing models, which goes back to founder Brandon Truaxe’s roots in discovering that beauty brands will often sell a product for far more than it costs them to produce. You’ll notice that the brands – despite selling relatively similar single products (like HIF’s lineup of hair treatments) are priced differently, logically based on how much it costs them to produce. Fair pricing, just another reason why the brand rocks!
Grow Gorgeous – From $23
If your aim is to have longer, thicker locks, then Grow Gorgeous is worthy of your attention. The brand’s core products are two hair serums, which are applied once daily to kickstart your follicles into producing new strands of hair. Even the lower dose serum of the two is designed to look like you’ve got an extra 13,000 new locks! To complement your serums, the brand also includes a few different hair treatments – from shampoos to overnight hair masques – designed to both protect and nourish your scalp.
Hand Chemistry – From $9
You can have all the plastic surgery you want…but your hands are often a dead giveaway as to how old you really are. That is, until Hand Chemistry came along, which works its magic in just 10 days to reverse the signs of aging, help your skin retain moisture, and improve elasticity (amongst several other features). The line goes beyond just hand lotions too – they also carry a heel cream that works both above and below the surface to smooth rough skin, and they’ve got several body oils for an all-over glow.
So…this isn’t even ALL of Deciem’s brands! They actually have several others, each with their own unique focus. NIOD is an upscale skincare line that’s designed to rival plastic surgery in its results. WhiteRX is their line specifically created for those interested in visible skin lightening results. Inhibitif minimizes hair regrowth in areas you’d normally shave, so you can break out that razor less often. AB Crew is specifically geared toward fitness buffs, with everything from supplements to tanning lotions. And there are already three other brands in the works that’ll be launching soon.
I am so thrilled to be able to introduce you to this innovative, industry-disrupting company and I again encourage you to visit any one of their sites – they’re all connected by clicking the little icons at the top. Plus I’m thrilled to be giving away $150 in DECIEM products to a lucky reader! Here’s how to enter for your shot at winning:
1) First of all: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by November 30, 2015 with a link (or links) back to your favourite products from the DECIEM site. Click on the icons at the top of the page to navigate between their brands.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 1, 2015 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Like the brand on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall regarding the brand and / or product(s) you are most excited about! You are not under any obligation to mention the CGG. Please leave a link back to your Facebook wall post in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow the brand on Instagram and either regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram, tagging @Deciem10 and using the hashtag #DECIEMCGG. Link back to your photo in a separate comment below.