Flash Post: Chalk It Up

Hair Chalk

What It Is: A set of 32 shades of ‘hair chalk’ from Urban Outfitters. What is hair chalk you ask? Well it’s blendable temporary hair dye you can use whether your locks are wet or dry. Simply rub it on the ends of your hair for a technicolour ombre effect, draw on streaks, or go wild and create a funky chevron or leopard spot pattern. When you’re tired of your dye job, simply rinse it away and start again.

Who It’s For: Your preteen daughter’s birthday sleepover – way better for your mane than Kool-Aid, and perfect for a best friends photo op. Your stagette attendees to give everyone a uniform-yet-different look. Your hair stylin’ best friend, to experiment with her hair without causing all the damage of regular dye. To that end, I will note – the set probably works best on blondes or light-haired folks, but with enough saturation, you can definitely get some colour on darker manes.

What It Costs: A ridiculous steal at $14 for the entire set.

Where It’s At: Urban Outfitters stores & online.

Looking for a Love Is Art bonus entry? Tell me in the comments below who this gift would be perfect for on your gift list!

Comments
12 Responses to “Flash Post: Chalk It Up”
  1. Natalie says:

I have a 16 year old little sister, who doesn’t dye her hair, but loves funky style. I would buy her hair chalk for her birthday.

My granddaughter would love this product – even her mother might be onside knowing that it’s only temporary.

I’m probably wayyyy too old, but I’d love to try it myself to be honest haha.

4. Such a good idea, especially if you just want a temporary pop of colour! I want them just because they look pretty haha!

5. pacificnxnw says:

My mother-in-law would love this! She’s a free spirit and always wants a different colour in her hair.

6. Dreena says:

This would be great for my niece! Thanks.

7. Suzanne says:

My granddaughter would love to use this on her hair.

8. Elaan says:

My sister-in-law would love this! And she’s so creative…

9. sarah p says:

My sister has had her hair almost every colour I can possibly think of, this would be a better alternative to dying 🙂 She would love this!

10. Rajbinder Kaur Dhugha says:

Super cool idea! Not for me though, I’ve got black hair, darn! But will definitely let some of my friends in on this! Cheers 🙂

My niece would absolutely love this set! ECGG

12. Alison Braidwood says:

Now this is cool! I’d use this myself, as I’m a bit leery of “real” pink hair dye, but would experiment with this.