Windswept

Although this is the Canadian Gift Guide, one of the things I pride myself on is finding buying ideas from around the globe to add some international flair to your gift-giving. After all, one of the tenets of this blog is simply that is has to be readily available to Canadians. With that in mind, today’s gift pick comes all the way from Latvia. The lovely Sigita of 3 Wind Knots reached out to me with the hopes of sharing this beautiful line of jewelry with you all – and after a quick perusal, I quickly signed on. Below, check out my five favourite pieces from the brand!

3 winds Flower Whisper

Whispers of Flowers Collection – $50 (note: all prices are approximate CDN$ conversions)
Most ladies out there have a favourite flower – this beautiful collection gives meaning to her favourite bloom with customized messaging on the outside of each metal canister your custom piece comes in. Choose your leather and the actual silver medallion to adorn your necklace / bracelet, and wear it as you will. Makes a beautiful Mother’s Day present alongside a dozen of her favourite flowers.

3 Winds I Ask Bracelets

I Ask Bracelets – $42
Sure these bracelets make look bright and cheerful, but rest assured – they’re a little more hardworking than your average gem. Much like the tradition of wearing a Hamsa to ward off evil, these bracelets represent wish fulfillment. Every charm features symbols representing your deepest inner desires – like protection & prosperity, or harmony, balance, and love. If you love them as much as I do, ask and ye shall (hopefully) receive. I like this one as a 21st century twist on the friendship bracelet for your sister or very best girlfriend!

3 Winds Jewels of Sun

Jewel of Sun Collection – $29+
If you believe the jewels your bedazzle yourself with actually possess powers of sorts, then consider amber one of the queens of well-being. This natural stone harnesses the sun’s purifying and rejuvenating powers to help focus your mind, make you accepting of change, and allow you to make decisions with ease. The Jewel of Sun collection features amber beads on leather or chain necklaces or bracelets, along with your choice of a custom pendant from one of the other collections. Layer them for an eye-catching, earth mama look – gift one to each of your bridesmaids as a gift they’ll treasure.

3 Winds Alphabet Jewel

Alphabet Jewel – $42
While this isn’t the first monogram necklace I’ve featured on the blog, I will say that one of the things I most appreciate about the 3 Wind Knots collection is all the fine details, like the sweet rustic packaging and poetic message about how beautiful and special and ingrained in our character our names are. This simple pendant can be engraved with one or more letters, and like the rest of the brand’s line, is made from classic silver. Consider purchasing one for a new mom to commemorate the arrival of her little ‘B’, ‘P’ or ‘S’.

3 Winds One

ONE Collection – $29+
I should probably quickly debrief you on what the 3 Wind Knots name means. Apparently it’s derived from a famous folk tale about an apprentice who receives a rope with 3 knots in it. Untying the first one would cause fair weather, untying the second would result in a storm, and untying the third one would calm the seas. With the magic rope in hand, the hero was able to defeat evil and marry a Princess. That probably explains why so many of the 3 Wind Knot collection features a sort of rustic vibe with leather cords and fabric twisted and tied into knots. The ONE collection is probably the most diverse – and the titular one in this instance refers to wearing a piece that represents your one true desire and wish above all else. I’m digging the 3 Signs sub-line as a nod to the brand’s own relationship with the number 3.

You’ll notice that I linked back to the 3 Wind Knots site for all of the above pieces. Beyond purchasing from the 3 Wind Knots site directly, you can also peruse their Etsy store, or buy from Cargoh. And if you love the delicate decadence of 3 Wind Knots as much as me, you may very well be in luck. One reader is going to have her choice of her two favourite pieces from the line! Here’s how to enter:

1) Leave a comment by March 22nd with the two specific pieces from 3 Wind Knots you’d pick if you were the winner.

2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around March 23rd to select the winners, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.

3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.

4) Bonus Entry: Like 3 Wind Knots on Facebook and leave a comment about your favourite piece from the line to earn yourself a bonus entry. Be sure to include your FB username and / or a link back to your comment so you can be credited for the entry.

Comments
68 Responses to “Windswept”

The two pieces I’d choose are the LOTUS and the SUN, THUNDER, SIGN OF LIFE.

3. Leah says:

I would choose:
    SUN – truth, wisdom and knowledge – amulet bracelet or necklace- handmade sterling silver 925 pendant on leather cord
    and:
    SUN – truth, wisdom and knowledge – sign pendant earring- handmade sterling silver 925 – 4,5cm long hoop

I would choose : SUN – truth, wisdom and knowledge earrings & Bracelet of Health and Protection with Silver Sign Pendant (Jewel of the Sun) . Liked on facebook and commented as Annie Demill

5. Jane says:

Jewel of sun collection bracelet health and protection, Alphabet Jewel they all have a meaning for me.

6. Alison Braidwood says:

I’d get the SIgn of Life and Thunder bracelets.

If I was lucky enough to win, I’d select the Perfection, wealth and harmony – sign bracelet and the Handmade Necklace of SUCCESS- Amber on Sterling Silver 925 chain- 39cm long

8. pacificnxnw says:

I’d choose:
    LIMITED EDITION- Personalized Name Necklace – sterling silver 925 pendant on 40cm long chain
    and
    an Alphabet jewel, M

9. Linda A says:

I would choose Jasmine and Alphabet Jewel silver necklace- letter L

10. Jennifer L. says:

I’d like to have the “Jewel for ladies – prosperity, fertility and health – Charm necklace” and the “MOON – protects and attracts all the good in life – sign necklace”.

11. Louise says:

SIGN OF LIFE bracelet and the SUN – truth, wisdom and knowledge earrings I love them both

I love the pink bracelet for health & protection & the four leaf clover silver gold necklace

13. Louise says:

Like 3 Wind Knots on Facebook -fb name Louise gilbert

14. Jennifer C. says:

I like:
    1.) LILY of THE VALLEY (flower sign with meaning bracelet/necklace- handmade sterling silver 925 pendant on 40cm long cord).

Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/110064075/lily-of-the-valley-flower-sign-with?

2.) TREE – summarizes all knowledge and percepts of the humanity – sign necklace- handmade sterling silver 925 pendant on leather cord

Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/99156266/tree-summarizes-all-knowledge-and?

15. Amy Heffernan says:

LOVE the jewel of sun collection! 😀

16. Jessica says:

jewel of sun collection & sign of life bracelet

17. Kim says:

I would love the sign of life bracelet and alphabet jewel letter K

18. Patricia Gooding says:

I like Lily of Valley in the whispers of Flower collection and the personalized bracelet of success in the jewel of sun collection.

19. Suzanne says:

I would choose the New Beginning-Key Symbol necklace and the Joy-Smile Symbol Bracelet gold plated pendant

20. Suzanne says:

Left comment on 3 Wind Knots FB about fave piece

FB name Suzanne Giroux

I’d choose the Sun truth wisdom and knowledge necklace and the Sign of Life bracelet.

If I was the winner I would choose the Make a Wish bracelet, and the Moon Sign necklace.

23. Rajbinder Kaur Dhugha says:

Some great pieces in this jewelry line… The two pieces I would choose are:
    1) Alphabet Jewel- Silver 925 necklace, Letter (R)
    2) One- Silver 925 bracelet, Moon- Protects & Attracts all the good in life.
    Thanks 🙂

24. Rajbinder Kaur Dhugha says:

Liked & Commented on 3 Wind Knots Facebook page!
    I go by Binder Kaur! Thanks

25. Juliee Fitze says:

All their peices are great but the ones I would pick are I ask- SUN, THUNDER, SIGN OF LIFE and Amber of Happiness

26. Juliee Fitze says:

Liked and commented – Juliee Fitze

27. The Alphabet Jewel is such a cute idea! I could definitely gift this one!

28. Kristen says:

Love the grass snake necklace and the moon necklace.

29. intensev5 says:

I really like the MAKE A WISH- make a wish- symbol bracelet- handmade sterling silver 925 pendant on 18cm long silver chain

30. vanessa foster says:

31. I like lily of the valley and the alphabet jewel

32. Carol Oddy says:

I would pick the whispers of flower and the 1 ask bracelets. Very nice and simple necklaces. Thank you for the contest.

33. sandra mitchell says:

I would pick the jewel of sun and whipers of flower

34. KellyLS says:

Love the daisy necklace & the clover necklace

35. kirsten says:

I love this line of jewellery! The ruggedness of the the leather/twine against the delicacy of the silver is the perfect contrast.

36. Rebecca says:

Cross and God necklaces

37. I would dearly love to win Make a wish and my birth flower is Lilly of the Valley.This was very hard to choose from because each piece is exquisite and each piece could have such a compelling strong meaning.I will post on your facebook.Thank you for this great chance to win something so personal.

38. Shirley says:

I am a child of the hippie era,and just love these pieces of workmanship,my birthday happens to be March 22. Maybe,just maybe I’ll win. All of the pieces speak to me,the “Make a Wish” bracelet and the “Jewel of Sun” collection are amazing.

39. Sara says:

The two specific pieces from 3 Wind Knots I’d pick if I were the winner is bracelet of Success with Silver Sign Pendant and GOD – wisdom, joy, grace, beauty and truth in Gold plated silver 925 bracelet.

40. If I were so lucky as to win, I would find the ‘Lilly of the Valley’ bracelet from the ‘Whispers of Flowers’ collection to be irresistible. The second piece I would like is the Silver Chain Bracelet of Happiness. I am about to start a job working with prison inmates and I think something like this would help remind me where I want my mindset to stay. 🙂

41. corey says:

The “Signs of Life” necklace and the “Handstamped Pendant Earrings w initial”.

42. alisa clarke says:

I would like the I Ask Bracelet in orange and the Jewels of Sun Amber of Success bracelet
    Thanks!!

43. eleanor says:

I like the PEONY flower sign bracelet/necklace and CHERRY BLOSSOMS flower sign bracelet/necklace

44. lisa bolduc says:

Handstamped jewelry- pendant earrings- sterling silver 925 and Alphabet Jewelery – Hand Stamped Initial necklace- handmade sterling silver 925 personalized pendant on 40cm long chain

45. Natalie says:

I’d choose “Happiness Brush Charm” and the “Tree” pendant on the sterling chain!

46. lay says:

they are all so pretty

47. Leane Watford says:

I think I want them all! But if I had to choose..my favourites are..
    -from the ‘I ASK FOR’ Collection: SUN, THUNDER, SIGN OF LIFE – energy, prosperity and strength bracelet
    &
    -The Alphabet Jewel, with the letter ‘T’, for the my partner, the most incredible man.

‘Liked/commented’ on facebook, username Leane Watford

48. Susan Clarkson says:

I like the I Ask Bracelet and the Alphabet Jewel

49. Ali Grotkowski says:

Whispers of flowers: Forget-Me-Not and Violet

50. Sara says:

I’d choose the cross sign of prosperity necklace and orchid bracelet – so many neat things in this shop!

51. KellyPC says:

I love the Handmade Necklace of Health and Protection, Amber on Sterling Silver 925 chain & handmade flower sign necklace with handmade sterling silver 925 poppy pendant on 40cm long cord!
    So pretty!!

52. Marilyn Rowe says:

Love your imagination — Your jewellery is quite unique!!

53. Stephanie Heron says:

I love the peace sign necklace, from the make a wish collection !
    All are pretty though !

I liked the page and commented
    My facebook name is
    Stepher Noodle Doodle

54. Shannon says:

I’d choose the Pink I Ask bracelet, which is gorgeous, and the Alphabet necklace with the letter S for two things, my name Shannon and for Self success.

55. Anne Derkat says:

I’d choose Jewel of the Sun and Alphabel Jewel

56. kolagirl says:

I would choose
    Personalized name, amber and charm bracelet,
    and
    Jewel of Sun Necklace of Protection

57. Katharine says:

I would choose the Make a Wish necklace, the Cherry Blossoms bracelet and the Strength necklace

The two specific pieces from 3 Wind Knots I’d pick if I were the winner are, ““I ask for SUN, THUNDER, GRASS SNAKE” (get rid of dependencies and diseases) & “Jewel of Sun Bracelet of Health and Protection”

Bonus Entry: unable to like & comment as Facebook has locked my profile.

Thank you.

59. aimee says:

i would like the alphabet bracelet with my kids initials h, z, m, and i would like love bracelet

60. Burcu says:

Personalized name, amber and charm bracelet and Alphabet jewel

61. Anushia Kohuladas says:

I like the I Ask Bracelet and the Jewel of the Sun Bracelet

62. Victoria W. says:

The Snowdrop necklace and the clover – sensory issues mean it’s necklaces all the way no bracelets for this gal 🙂

63. sarah p says:

I would choose the powerful protection necklace- Sign of Life, and the powerful protection bracelet- Sign of life 🙂

64. sarah p says:

I liked and commented on the 3 wind knots facebook page, sarah perry

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] on the fridge – why not hang it around your neck instead? Latvian jewelry brand 3 Wind Knots (who I’ve written about before) now offers a very cool customizable necklace service. Simply submit your kid’s drawing and […]