Flash Post: With A-vengeance

Avengers Assembled

What It Is: Well, Iron Man 3 came out yesterday to much fanfare, and I’ve just got to hand it to Marvel – they’ve really made a strong showing of their turning their comic book legends into modern-day all stars with their onslaught of superhero movies over the last few years; culminating with 2012’s first Avengers film. With that blockbuster safely marking the end of the first chapter in the Marvel movie house domination story, they’ve assembled all of those recent films (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and The Incredible Hulk + The Avengers) into one mega steel briefcase gift set. Beyond the films, diehard fans can also indulge in a full disc dedicated to bonus features (including a sneak peek of Iron Man 3 + the next phase of The Avengers), plus tons of paper extras and a replica Tesserect (I won’t spoil what that is for you until you watch The Avengers).

Who It’s For: Your nerdy brother / dad / husband for Father’s Day, his birthday, or anniversary. Your diehard movie buff best friend, as a group groomsmen gift he’ll really appreciate. Your comic book loving sibling, whether they’re guy or girl – they’ll love it.

What It Costs: List price for the Avengers Assembled gift set is $239.99 – but I found it online for $144.97. Before you balk, consider you’re getting 6 films for $24 each (not including all the extras) – roughly the same cost if you were going to buy them individually.

Where It’s At: Entertainment sellers nationwide, although the price above comes from Amazon.ca

Spice Trekkers bonus entry opportunity: Tell me in the comments below, have you seen any of the recent Marvel / Avengers films? Which one was your favourite? Can you think of someone that might dig this gift set?

Comments
15 Responses to “Flash Post: With A-vengeance”
  1. Debbie Bashford says:

I watched Marvel’s The Avengers on TV a little while ago, and I have seen the Incredible Hulk, I really enjoyed them . Loved Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and I can’t wait to see Iron Man 3.

Though I haven’t seen any of the recent Marvel/Avengers films, I know my brother-in-law would really enjoy this set.

3. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

Spice Trekkers bonus entry – no I haven’t seen any of the recent Marvel / Avengers films but I know my sons, though grown-up, would really love this set.

Spice Trekkers bonus entry- Nope I haven’t seen any of the recent Marvel/Avengers films but yes I know someone who would really love this set, although he happens to be my daughter’s X-boyfriend.

5. I haven’t seen any of the Avengers films. I’m waiting for them to hit basic cable :0

I haven’t seen any of the Avengers movies but my grandkids would love this set.

Wow — kind of expensive but would probably thrill a super hero fan!

I just saw the new Iron Man movie today. It was amazing!!! And my boyfriend loves Hulk (it’s his gaming name when he’s on X-Box.) He’d LOVE this set.

9. Vesper says:

I have seen Iron Man 1 – which was okay (2 was very bad). The Avengers was alright except the scene with Paltrow and Downey – we all found that embarrassedly bad so we will not be watching Iron Man 3 as it has more Paltrow in it. I suppose any child would like the gift set

I have not seen any of the movies. My nephew would love this gift. I would be his favourite Aunt of all time!!!

I have seen all the recent Marvel films, except for the recent Iron Man 3! It’s too hard to choose one! I loved the Avengers films, and the Iron Man films.. as well as Thor… I can’t think of someone who would like this particular gift set though.

I have not seen any of the films. My son would love this gift set.

Spice Trekkers bonus entry: Ive probably seen most if not all of the recent Marvel / Avengers films ‘cept Iron Man 3 as it hasn’t hit my library yet. The first Transformers was my favourite as it was something I hadn’t seen before. And I think my animator friend Adam would totally dig this gift set.

Thanks

14. sarah p says:

The most recent one I watched was Iron Man 2…hope to see Iron Man 3 soon. I think my husband, or any of our friends would love this set!

15. julia g says:

My favourite is The Avengers. I will be watching the new TV series next year.