Flash Post: A Real Gem

Soap Stones

What It Is: It’s a faceted gem! It’s a work of art! It’s a bar of soap! Actually, it’s all three. The design duo behind Pelle Designs has generated quite a bit of buzz for their adorable, artistic interpretations of precious gemstones which can be displayed on their own, piled on top of each other, or actually used as soap (in the guest bathroom where it’s most visible, obviously). The soaps come in three sizes – Rock, Stone, and Nugget – and a variety of styles, colours, and scents, like ‘Amber’ which in turn smells like ‘Sandalwood’.

Who It’s For: Buy a soap in someone’s birthstone as a fun birthday gift. Get a stack of nuggets for your mom’s newly renovated bathroom as a perfect finishing touch. Stock up and have them on-hand a houseguest gifts for summer cabin stays.

What It Costs: Depends on the size you want. The pint-sized nuggets are $8, while the largest-sized rocks climb up to $32. Shipping for a set of 7 stones is $10, and I imagine the costs fluctuate depending on how much you order.

Where It’s At: The Pelle Designs website.

Want to score a Spice Trekkers bonus entry? Tell me which of these precious soap stones you’d pick! Browse the Pelle Designs website for inspiration.

Comments
14 Responses to “Flash Post: A Real Gem”
  1. Debbie Bashford says:

Would pick the Onyx/Cassia Rock first

2. Dreena says:

I’d pick this one:

Soap Stones by PELLE: Rose Quartz/Grapefruit Rock.
    They all look very pretty.

Thanks.

Love them all but this one grabbed my attention :

Soap Stones by PELLE: Amber/Cedarwood Rock 10oz

What a neat idea! I’d select the Soap Stones by PELLE: Onyx/Cassia Nugget 2oz

I’d pick the Rose Quartz/Grapefruit Rock 10oz.

I like the Onyx Cassia Rock – would look great in my bathroom.

7. Ohh .. this sounds fabulous .. I would like to try the Amber/Cedarwood rock !!!

I’d choose the Citrine/Lemon Basil stone.

I’d pick the Amber/Cedarwood — my partner loves the smell of sandalwood

10. Vesper says:

Spice Trekkers bonus entry – I would pick the Onyx/Cassia Rock

11. leah leitch says:

Love them all piled in a cool bowl in the bathroom!

Spice Trekkers Bonus Entry: the one I’d pick is this one
    Love citrusy scents but don’t want to smell like a lemon cleaning product.

Oh my … what beautiful soap. I love the gemstone look and the idea of piling them in a crystal bowl in the bathroom. I would choose the Aquamarine/Camphor rock as I love that colourl http://pelledesigns.bigcartel.com/product/soap-stones-by-pelle-aquamarine-camphor-rock-10oz

14. akto68 says:

Spice Trekkers bonus entry: I’d pick their “Aquamarine/Camphor Nugget 2oz” precious soap stones. How beautiful.