Flash Post: Stay Cool

Vacu Vin Cool Plate

What It Is: Any hostess worth her salt knows that the key to throwing a fantastic shindig is prep work! Leaving things to the last-minute is guaranteed to frazzle your nerves, so the more tools you’ve got to make strides earlier in the day (or week), the better. This nifty kitchen device pulls double duty – serving a purpose for before or during your party. It’s essentially a ‘cold plate’, designed to keep whatever you put on it nice and chilled thanks to a removable cooling piece. If your fridge is cramped or you want to have your dinner on ice right before you cook it, throw those kabobs or burgers onto the plate and leave it by the BBQ until you’re ready to grill. If you’re serving something that’s best when slightly chilled – like sliced fruits / veggies or cheeses – you can also use it as a serving platter so your refreshments are truly refreshing all night long.

Who It’s For: The gracious hostess of the next major fete you’re attending – especially if it’s in your honour. Your awesome neighbour after helping you out with a major project, as a thank you (and possible invite to a BBQ). Your BBQ grillmaster husband, to simplify his routine that much more.

What It Costs: $89.99 – but think of how many times you’ll use it!

Where It’s At: Bed, Bath & Beyond

Sultra bonus entry: tell me CGG fans – is the Vacu Vin Cool Plate worth the splurge?

Comments
12 Responses to “Flash Post: Stay Cool”

Nope, not worth the splurge for me. It would take up a bit of space to store, too.

I think it would be a great idea when you are having lots of company all summer. I would use it at the cottage where I have little fridge/freezer space, and always lots of company.

Love the idea & the look & usefulness but not the price.

It’s a bit pricey but the idea behind it is great. Bed, Bath & Beyond often have coupons so that’s the time to buy it.

At that price, I don’t feel like its a need-to-have item.

6. Suzanne G says:

No I do not think I would buy this as it is too expensive for the size

Would be another item that gets put in the back of the cupboard and not used – a definite no.

8. Linda Peters says:

no, it is expensive, and I agree that I might use it once or twice and then pack it away with the rest of the stuff I don’t use.

Sultra bonus entry: the Vacu Vin Cool Plate is a great idea but totally not worth the splurge, in my opinion. That money could go towards the food & a bag of ice!

I like it but I don’t have any place for it.

11. Grace F says:

When I’m prepping for a meal my fridge is always jam packed, and I’d definitely like more space. I like the concept here, but the price is a bit steep. I could buy a second smaller fridge for not too much more than that.

It’s not worth the splurge to me.