In Your Face

Several years ago, when SmartPhones first appeared on the market, I don’t know that we could have determined the wide-ranging impact they’d have on our lives today. The SmartPhone can be blamed (or credited) with a serious slowdown in watch and alarm clock sales while contributing to a major upswing in our need to know information the second it happens. It’s our tether to a global culture, for better or worse. Enough posturing though – if you own a SmartPhone (or its more functional big sibling, a tablet), you’ll probably agree that the good far outweighs the bad. Take for example, the GPS – what used to cost hundreds of dollars is quietly being erased by free navigational software that comes with your phone. The only trick there is it’s hella unsafe to peer down at your gizmos and gadgets while driving on an eight-lane highway. Thus, the SmartPhone has given rise to the dashboard mount.

iOttie

iOttie is the manufacturer of some of the world’s most popular SmartPhone-compatible mounting gear (including all iOS devices). Their one-touch, universal mounting systems make it a literal snap to affix your SmartPhone or iPad to any sturdy device – including, logically, your dashboard or windshield for use as a GPS substitute, DJ turntable, or phone while driving (although of course, no texting). No more fiddling with your phone whether you’re cruising down a wide open highway or stuck in gridlock, plus you won’t risk accidentally dropping it into those pesky nooks and crannies in your vehicle. They’re also adjustable and twistable so you can keep your view to the outside nice and clear, or angle something toward you when the sun’s glare is making it tough to see.

iOttie Desk

That’s not to say that’s the only use for these systems. They also mount to desks and counters, meaning your iPad can suddenly function as a miniature TV or display recipes while you’re busy in the kitchen, or you can host impromptu presentations in your office by affixing your device and swiveling it around. From a SmartPhone perspective, having the ability to stash it somewhere may help you from losing it, or could allow you to run around and prepare a meal or tidy up the kid’s toys while having a crystal clear conversation on speaker phone. Plus, you can skip a cumbersome dock in favour of relying on your phone or tablet’s speakers to serenade guests over dinner with your music playlist.

iOttie Wash

The sticky gel pad of the iOttie devices won’t mark up your furniture, but the entire set-up is sturdy enough to protect your valuable gadgets no matter what roadblocks you hit or whether people bump against whatever table you have it perched on. It’s also, obviously, transportable. If you ever notice the base of your iOttie mount is getting a little gunky, it’ll be good as new in no time by simply rinsing it under water.iOttie Kitchen

You can purchase the iOttie item that works with your device here, or at bricks and mortar locations throughout Canada. They make a fantastic pick for a friend that’s about to embark on a honeymoon or road trip, or for your gadget-loving dad that always makes you nervous with his fiddling about. The tablet mounts are only for iPads and iPad minis, and retail for $49.99, while the phone mounts come in a number of styles that are more universal, starting at $19.99.

ETA: Unfortunately, this giveaway has been cancelled – my apologies to those of you that already participated in the contest entry parameters!

Comments
26 Responses to “In Your Face”
  1. Oh, definitely the Ipad mount. That is very cool. I love this mount. It is clean, simple and stylish.

2. Betty S says:

Love to try the Ipad mount, would make reading recipes so much easier

3. Micheline lamoureux says:

Love to try it look very handy …..

4. stacey dempsey says:

the iOttie Easy Grip Universal Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPad Tablet would be very handy

• stacey dempsey says:

oops I forgot to say why, and mostly it would be great for all those times you have to wait for kids to finish at one place or another and you are stuck in the car for long periods of time and it would be very comfortable to struggle with your device on your lap and the time would go by very quickly and happily this way and if you have to take notes etc your lap is freed up

5. stacey dempsey says:

I left a comment on otiies facebook page

6. Taps says:

2 actually i woudl likr to try: The iOttie Easy Smart Tap iPad Car & Desk Mount for my brother’s ipad so it stays up when we chat through skype and the iOttie Easy Flex 2 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand for me while in kitchen coooking.

I’d like to try the iOttie Easy View Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 5, 4S, Smartphone
    Model No: HLCRIO105. It would be perfect for my daughter in her car.

iOttie Easy Smart Tap iPad Car & Desk Mount
    $44.99 I would love this on my kitchen counter so I could read recipes from my ipad

liked on facebook and left a comment :https://www.facebook.com/iOttie/posts/358474690922187
    facebook name : Annie Demill

9. laura says:

I too love the I pad mount neat clean and easy to use. Good idea

10. would love to try the ipad one the most, i think it would be great for when the kids are playing their games šŸ™‚
    andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

11. liked on facebook and commented

andrea_hockeygirl at hotmail dot com

The Easy Smart Tao iPad Car & Desk Mount would be ideal for driving and in the kitchen.

13. Grace F says:

The iOttie Easy Grip Universal Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPad looks awesome!

14. Gemma says:

iOttie Easy Smart Tap iPad Car & Desk Mount

The iOttie mount product Iā€™d most like to try is the iOttie Easy Flex 2 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand for iPhone 5, 4S, and Smartphone so that I could put it on the counter to check for recipes or talk to a friend while getting dinner ready.

The universal SmartPhone mount because that’s the one I’d have use for!

17. The iOttie Easy Flex 2 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand is cool!

I’d love this one iOttie Easy Flex 2 Car Mount Holder Desk Stand for iPhone 5, 4S, and Smartphone
    This would make your smartphone stand out so you can find it.

19. beewbedard says:

Ottie Easy Smart Tap iPad Car & Desk Mount because I could see it when at work

The iOttie Easy One Touch Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 5, 4S, Smartphone to keep me hands-free.

Liked and commented on Facebook as Donna Lee.

22. Suzanne G says:

iOttie Easy Smart Tap iPad Mini Car & Desk Mount is the one I would love to try as it would just be so handy when I am baking and the recipe would be right in front of me instead of having to pick it up to look at recipe

23. Suzanne G says: