Find of the Month: Charm In Candle
May! I’m so happy to see you! It means consistently warmer weather is finally on the horizon, plus plenty of exciting gifting occasions are coming up – grads, weddings, Father’s Day, and most imminently, Mother’s Day! Naturally, a lot of the gift ideas I’ve been considering the past few weeks have been in honour of mom, including this month’s Find of the Month, Charm In Candle.
First of all, I love giving candles as gifts. Some of the people I shop for aren’t ones for mementos or clutter. Considering that mom generally has a lifetime’s worth of ‘stuff’, candles are a thoughtful gift she’ll love now but won’t have to hang onto for sentimental reasons forever. Also, candles are just one of those giftable items – they’re not the type of thing you’re usually in a rush to buy for yourself, but you’ll adore one when you receive it as a gift.
So what makes Charm In Candle special? Yes they’re made in Canada and yes they smell fabulous, but let’s cut to the chase – they’re basically a two-in-one gift! Embedded inside each candle is a pair of earrings.
Don’t worry, it’s carefully wrapped up so you don’t have to worry about torching your gems. The earrings are valued anywhere from $10 – $5,000 (!!!) Once you unveil your hidden treasure, you can actually submit a code to get an appraisal for how much your jewels are worth!
The hand-poured candles are made from clean-burning soy wax and come with two wicks. Charm In Candle currently has four scrumptious scents to choose from: English Pear (my favourite!), Exotic Jasmine, Floral Bouquet and Juicy Berry. If you love ’em and burn your way through ’em in a flash – no worries, they’re launching four additional scents in the near future.
Each candle costs $25.99 and is comparable in size to any jar candle you’d get at the mall. Shipping comes in at a $9.50 flat rate – which I’d strongly suggest you take advantage of. Nab all four candles at once and the shipping is totally nominal. At this price, they make great gifts for a bunch of occasions beyond Mother’s Day by the way. Gift one to each of your bridesmaids. Pick up some for your child’s teachers. Keep a few stashed for last-minute hostess gifts or as a thank you for that neighbour that picks up your mail while you’re on summer holidays.
I’m very excited to announce I’m actually giving away three sets of two candles! Here’s how to enter:
1) Required: You must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by May 31, 2016 that includes a link to the candle you’re most interested in trying on the Charm In Candle website.
2) Required: You must like Charm In Candle on Facebook and leave a post on their wall about which candle of theirs you are most interested in trying (or gifting). Link back to your Facebook wall post in a comment below (instructions here). There should actually be a shared post of this post you can leave your comment on.
3) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around June 1, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
4) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
5) Bonus Entry #1: Follow Charm In Candle on Instagram and then share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram, tagging Charm In Candle and @cdngiftguide and linking back to your Instagram post in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #2: Spread the word by tagging your friends on social media using your favourite candle photo from the Charm In Candle website. Don’t forget to leave a comment back to your post below to get your entry counted! You can use Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc. – Just leave a separate comment per post!