A Little More Touch My Body
One of the first places I look to get in the festive spirit are the bath and beauty stores at the mall. Between their holiday decor and limited edition scents, it’s easy to get in the holiday mood. With that in mind, I’ve picked out a few of my favourite gift ideas from The Body Shop this season (and if you didn’t peep it before, check out their advent calendar here).
White Musk + Black Musk Gift Sets – $35 each
For as long as I can remember, The Body Shop’s White Musk fragrance has been a huge favourite. They’ve expanded the line over the years however, to pick up the iconic velvety richness in other iterations like Black Musk (with Pear and Pink Pepper) and fiery Red Musk (with Cinnamon and Tobacco). All three fragrances have been packaged into gift sets this year, containing an eau de toilette, shower gel, and body lotion, allowing you to layer on your favourite scent and smell it all day long. Perfectly priced for your mother-in-law, friend, or niece!
Instaglow CC Cream – $24 each
What’s that you say? CC Cream is old news? Think again! The Body Shop has reinvented their bestselling CC Cream line with a new product designed to give you a festive glow to rival Rudolph’s nose. Available in three shades to suit different skin tones from pale to dark, just rub it in for instant flawless coverage and a subtle shimmer. What’s particularly great is this product works well for any age – it’ll give you an instantly refreshed, dewy finish no matter what decade of life you’re enjoying. Makes a wonderful stocking stuffer!
Premium Selection Gift Sets – $45 each
Another awesome thing about shopping at The Body Shop for Christmas is they come in ready-to-gift boxes. Provided the person you’re buying for doesn’t know the exact colours of the box you’re getting them, you can easily put one of these beautifully wrapped parcels under the tree as is. Virtually all of The Body Shop’s classic fragrances come packaged in one of these Premium Selection sets, from fruity Satsuma to soothing Coconut. Each gift is loaded with at least four sumptuous goodies, which may include body butter for winter-parched skin, hand cream, shower gel – and others! Just find your loved one’s favourite scent and restock their bath products for the season.
Best of Body Butter Festive Dome – $20
Secret Santa gifts often have a cap of $20-$25, and The Body Shop is an ace place to track down gifts that look substantial but don’t cost a bundle. One great example? This cute snowglobe-inspired package of mini body butters. For just $20, you get five body butters in rich scents like Fuji Green Tea and British Rose. Plus, this is one of many gifts The Body Shop has this season where your purchase will help restore 1 square metre of endangered rainforests around the globe. A gift that’ll make you feel as good as you look – what’s not to love?
Modern Gents Maca Root Shaving Kit – $40
I’d like to point out that many of The Body Shop’s products are decidedly gender-neutral. For example, I love their earthy-smelling Hemp line, and I know of male relatives that dig The Body Shop’s Coconut and Satsuma varieties. However, if you’re buying for a guy that’s not really into bath goodies, at least treat him to something to lavish his prickly face with – like this Maca Root Shave kit. Loaded with cream, lotion, and a brush, the reusable bag is wonderful for any man on the move.
Handfuls of Happiness Discovery Hand Cream Gift Set – $30
My friends and I must belong to some sort of hand cream cult; we’re all obsessed with the stuff and can never get enough. I blame the weather! But seriously, I love having a tube of hand cream everywhere – my purse, work, by my bedside, and near my computers for when my hands get dried out. This luxe gift set from The Body Shop allows you to sample some of their sumptuous hand creams across their most popular aromas – from zippy Pink Grapefuit to soothing Shea. You can gift it one fell swoop to a lucky lady to lavish herself, or break it up into stocking stuffers or bonuses across a few loved ones’ gifts.
Festive Tin Gift Sets – $25 each
The Body Shop usually tweaks their limited edition holiday scents every year, and this season they’ve reinvented / reintroduced three new ones: Vanilla Chai, Spiced Apple, and Frosted Berries. Apart from the red, white and green festive colour scheme, each of these holiday favourites will quickly get you into the swing of things with their spicy, fruity, powerful aromas. Try them out with one of these perfectly priced gift tins, featuring pint-sized versions of the brand’s shower gel, body lotion, body scrubs, and body lotions.
Who’d like to win some goodies from The Body Shop? I’m giving away everything you see in the photo above, namely:
- Handfuls of Happiness Hand Cream Discovery Set
- White Musk Medium Gift Set
- Best of Body Butter Festive Dome
- Coconut Premium Set
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win it all!
1) First off! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, leave me a comment by November 30, 2016 with a link back to your favourite holiday gift idea from The Body Shop.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 1, 2016 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow The Body Shop on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo of your fave holiday gift idea from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow The Body Shop on Twitter and Tweet about this contest, including a link. Be sure to tag me (@cdngiftguide) and post a link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below!
BTW: You can check out all active giveaways by visiting the Winners Circle section of my site!