Choose Your Own Adventure
We’re in the serious home stretch for Christmas now my loves – so how about one more great gift idea you can nab online (and a giveaway to go with it)?
What It Is: One of my favourite gift ideas for the holiday season is the idea of gifting quality time together. While it can be something as simple as an afternoon lunch or a spa visit, you could also break out and do something really different. I’ve written about Breakaway Experiences a few times now and I don’t have any reluctance to bring them up now (and I swear to you, I’m not being paid to write this either!) The reality is, they offer up some of the most unique and interesting experiences you can imagine (and beyond) and are continually adding to their collection of ‘buyable experiences’ across Canada.
Some of my new favourites from their lineup are highlighted above. Shopping for foodies? How about a Catch & Cook Crabbing Tour in Vancouver or a day of Wild Rainforest Foraging with Lunch? For the sporty types, go for an axe-throwing lesson in the Niagara region or spend a cool night on the water with a stand-up paddleboard tour. Thrill seekers will get a kick out of a family snowmobile trip (including dual-ride or mini snowmobiles for the kids) or mountaintop yoga where you’re transported there via helicopter! The options are endless and can be tailored to suit your giftee’s interest, age, and location. Not sure what to gift them? Start with a Breakaway Experiences gift card and choose your own adventure together.
Who It’s For: Your longtime spouse, to reinvent the idea of ‘date night’. Your parents, to shake up their weekends. Your adrenaline junkie kid, for a day they won’t forget.
What It Costs: Experiences can start at really reasonable prices – like $30 per person – and gift cards can be bought for as low as $25.
Where It’s At: Start planning your next adventure online at Breakaway Experiences.
Interested in getting going on your next great experience? I’m giving away a $100 Breakaway Experiences gift card to one lucky and lovely reader. Here’s how to enter for your chance to win!
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave a comment by January 5, 2017 telling me which experience you’d most like to get or gift from Breakaway Experiences
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around January 6, 2017 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: There are a two ways to score extra entries into this exciting draw. Whatever entries you do, it is imperative that you leave proof of your bonus entry activities in separate comments. If you do them all in one comment, they won’t be counted.
– Like Breakaway Experiences on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall telling them what your favourite activity ideas are. Link back to your FB wall post in a separate comment below.
– Follow Breakaway Experiences on Twitter and send out a Tweet about this giveaway that tags them and me (@cdngiftguide) and links back to this post. Link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.