Find of the Month: senz°
As I’m writing this, it’s raining. As many of you will be reading this, it’s probably raining. That’s right folks: we’re headed for the rainy season. You know what they say…April showers bring May flowers. Luckily I have a pretty amazing gift idea this month that is a trusty standby to have when the sky opens up.
Meet senz°, a unique umbrella line out of the Netherlands that manages to be both storm-proof and stylish in one sleek package. Intrigued? Read on!
Perhaps the most unique feature of senz° is the unique shape of the umbrella. It’s not some quirky design choice either. That asymmetrical shape adjusts to the wind with ease, make it extremely lightweight while able to withstand winds of up to 100 km / h. Winning loads of design awards, it stops that dreaded ‘upside down’ umbrella issue AND the brand has a ‘no nonsense warranty’ where any defect in their product results in a new one (or part), instantly.
I know what some of you might be thinking – with such a distinctive shape, there’s no way that thing is portable. But in fact, senz° comes in five different sizes, including two purse-friendly compact models, two regular sized styles, and one oversized one, perfect to swap out your golf umbrella with. They even have a handy flowchart on their site to help you pick out the perfect senz° umbrella for you (you can also compare the models here).
Now as I mentioned, senz° marries form and fashion. The style factor comes from their quarterly trend collections. The current lineup, called ‘Global Playground’, takes inspiration from around the planet to create a line of vibrant umbrellas you can tote wherever your journeys may take you. I’ve specifically highlighted the ‘Playing Court’ pink / green / yellow / grey motif above, but the same styles are available in a stunning orange and red combo, and a sporty blue look as well.
Next question you’ve probably got: Okay, how can I get my hands on this for me and all of my friends? senz° is sold in Canada. For a retailer near you, use their store locator and enter your postal code. If you don’t find a physical boutique in your town, I also spotted their products on Amazon, Bones Pet Stores, Simon’s, and Bergo. Prices range depending on the style you want, but they start around $70 for the compact model. They also ship direct from their site, with free global shipping on orders over over €150.
senz° also does corporate branding. If you want to go that route for gifting. You can get them to create a unique look and feel for your company, and it makes a neat corporate gift that will not only stand out, but stand the test of time.
Well I think my work’s done here for the day – if I can convince you to stay dry this spring, then yay! In the meantime, senz° is being REALLY cool and gifting 3 of my lucky readers a senz° original umbrella from the Global Playground collection, valued at €54,95 each! Want to win one? Here’s how to enter:
1) FYI: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking ‘follow’. Then leave a comment by April 30, 2017 with a link back to the umbrella you’d most love to score from senz° + one thing you learned about the brand while reading this post!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around May 1, 2017 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow senz° on Instagram. Then, leave a comment on one of their photos, tagging two friends you think would love to learn more about senz°. Finally, link back to the photo you commented on in a separate comment below with your Instagram username. You’ve just doubled your chances!
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow @cdngiftguide on Instagram and tag two friends on any of my posts. Same as above – link back to the photo you commented on in a separate comment below with your Instagram username. Now you’ve tripled your chances!