On occasion, when in conversation, it comes up that I write this particular blog. The reaction is usually twofold – that’s so cool (even as I feel lame explaining what it is) – followed by, I have a great idea for you. The good / bad news is that more often than not, what’s suggested is something I’ve come across. But sometimes that’s not the case, as with today’s gift idea, recommended to me by someone else because she herself purchased it as a Mother’s Day pressie. With Father’s Day just behind us, I thought it’d be fun to do a post for the ladies, and thus I bring you, Hot Girls Pearls.
The name should give you a hint that we’re talking about jewelery – but with a twist. These oversized pearls are meant to be frozen, so when you slip one on, you’ll be both fabulously accessorized and secretly cool. Say goodbye to hot flashes from menopause or pregnancy, or simply bask in a quite literal breath of cool air on a sticky summer day. And if you’re on the go? Hot Girls Pearls also sells a travel purse with a built-in ice pack so you can keep your precious pearls chilled for that much longer.
Still with me? Good, cause you should also know you’ve got options when it comes to adorning your neck & wrists with some serious ‘ice’. The necklaces come in three shades – blush, cream, and gunmetal – and three lengths – collar, breastbone, and chest – to suit your giftee’s personal style and tastes. Is the necklace a little too in-your-face? Or is it not fabulous enough on its own? Accessorize with the matching bracelet of your choice, available in the same three shades.
The bracelets clock in at the $32 USD mark, while the necklaces all range in price from $56-$60 depending on the length you choose. The purse is a total bargain and must-have add-on for just $12.50. You can purchase Hot Girls Pearls directly from the site, as us Canucks are apparently already frequent customers! And before I (and the person who suggested it to me) take all the credit for introducing you to this fab find, I should also note that the brand has gained a fair bit of attention in the media, being featured by the likes of O Magazine and The View, to name a few.
As mentioned, the person who recommended this to me gifted it as a Mother’s Day pressie – and with menopausal woman as a major target this is a great find for your mom / friend / aunt in their fabulous fifties as a very cool birthday pick. Alternatively, if a friend is rounding the bend on her third trimester this summer and expecting to swelter, tell her to don’t sweat and pick these up as an unconventional baby shower gift.
If you’re ready to cool down, you’re in luck – I’m giving away a Hot Girls Pearls necklace & purse to one lucky reader. All you gotta do is:
1) Leave a comment by July 2nd on who in your life could use some Hot Girls Pearls, and which product you’d pick for them.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around July 3rd to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Join the ranks of ladies that love Hot Girls Pearls by liking them on Facebook. Leave a comment on the wall and drop your name in the comments here so I can credit your entry!
5) If you’re feeling generous, you can also help Hot Girls Pearls, who’s currently in the running for a $250,000 small business grant. Register and vote for them here: www.missionsmallbusiness.com, note they are located in New York, New York!