Wow, I’m actually cringing at today’s post title. And yet, it remains because all of these gifts are sensational ways to bring a little zen into your everyday. So take a deep breath, relax, and read on!
Golden Slumbers Bath Bomb – $6.95 @ Lush
Few things are more relaxing than a hot bath before you slip off to sleep – but I’m willing to up the stakes a bit with this yawn-inducing (in a good way) bath bomb. Infused with a triple shot of lavender and soothing chamomile, it’ll give you that instant spa ‘ahhh’ experience for a fraction of the price. Perfect as a surprise gift for your overtaxed friend, sibling, or spouse.
Organic Mother’s Little Helper Tea – $6.50 + @ DAVIDsTEA
To me the best relaxation techniques accomplish two things: they allow your body to physically unwind, and they help to clear (not shutdown) your mind. That’s why this particular blend of loose tea from DAVIDsTEA is so intoxicating to me: it combines the way-soothing properties of chamomile with the invigorating qualities of peppermint and lemongrass. A little zesty but without the zing, this is an ideal fix for your tea-drinking coworker or friendly.
Kikkerland Body Massager – $3 @ Miss Jones Gifts & Accessories
I own one of these puppies, and I can honestly tell you it’s one of the most enjoyable things that will ever come close to your body. Although slightly medieval-looking in design, these tiny steel arms will create those amazing tingles you never knew how badly you craved until they make your spine shiver. Try it on yourself for instant unwinding magic, but better yet, use it as an excuse to snuggle up with someone special.
Buddha Board – $35 @ Indigo
Guys, this one belongs in like…the Canadian Gift Guide hall of fame. I spotted it on display at my local Chapters store one day, and was immediately entranced by what an amazing gift idea this is. And I was proven right, because upon acquiring one and placing it on my desk for mid-day doodling, my coworkers were equally enthralled / vowed to purchase it as a gift for the upcoming holiday season (or for themselves). Branded with the tagline ‘the art of letting go’, the Buddha Board is a simple slate board that allows you to paint with water. Your artwork disappears after a few minutes, but the lingering bliss of gently sweeping the included calligraphy-style brush will settle your mind for quite some time. What’s extra special about this one is it comes in a handy, ready-to-give kit including the board, brush, water / display tray, and a handy guide to getting started with your board. Fair warning: it’s extremely addictive. Whoever you buy it for may get swept up in artfully swirling their stress away.
Looking to relax? You may be in luck – I have a Buddha Board for an extremely lucky lass or lad out there that’s reading this post. If you’re interested:
1) Leave a comment by October 17th on which gift idea you’d most like to bring zen into your life.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around October 18th to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Keep an eye on all new, non-contest posts (i.e. posts that are added after today’s date, and don’t have their own giveaways attached to them) that go up over the contest period. Leave a comment on any of these posts, tag it with #cgg and you’ll earn yourself some bonus entries.
5) Bonus Bonus: Indigo’s the place to be for amazing gift ideas like the Buddha Board. Stay on top of what they’ve got in stock by liking them on Facebook, and leave a comment while you’re there (you’re under no obligation to mention this contest). Leave your Facebook username in the comments below!