Love Your Skin
I first became acquainted with Elizabeth Grant a few months back, when I got to try their luscious Exotic Apricot shower gel as part of one of my beauty box subscriptions. For those that have yet to be introduced to this Canadian-by-way-of-England brand, let me give you a quick rundown. It was the 1940s, and Elizabeth Grant herself was suffering from skin maladies related to the second World War. Determined to find a solution to her skincare issues, Elizabeth eventually stumbled upon an amazing natural substance that was being used to treat war wounds. Within a decade, she’d launched her own skincare line (an unusual feat for a woman back then), infused with her miracle, collagen-stimulating Torricelumn, which today is available all over the world.
Quite a feat, right? But just wait till you see what Elizabeth Grant – and the company now run by her granddaughter, Margot, and South African-born Marion Witz – can do for your skin. I actually sincerely love skincare as gifts, because they’re often seen as luxury or vanity products. Help a loved one skip the guilt and feel the beauty by selecting a product or two that’ll hit their facial and body needs best. Today I thought it’d be fun to show you how Elizabeth Grant actually works from tip to toe – so you can pick a gift that best suits whatever your friend or family member is most in need of, or at whatever price point you’re most comfortable with. Obviously combining the products will get you maximum results, but I’m here to help ease you into things until you simply won’t be able to deny adding any of Elizabeth Grant’s dozens of products to your wish list.
Hand & Foot Cream – $20
Consider this a great entry point into the world of Elizabeth Grant – both in terms of price, and in terms of function. I can tell you right now, pretty much every single person on my gift list (including the dudes) would get some use out of this super nourishing (thanks to Torricelumn) and super soothing (thanks to minty-fresh camphor) hand and foot cream. It works wonders on cracked heels that are still recovering from a summer on the sand, but is equally important to keep stashed on your nightstand so you can keep your hands smooth and supple as the air dries out this winter.
Exclusives Wonder Effect Body Lotion – $25
So often guys seem to be baffled at how their wives or girlfriends have such smooth skin. The answer comes from splashing out on some luxury smoothing goodies for ourselves, like this coconut-infused body lotion (that’s also jam-packed with key compound Torricelumn). If you’re feeling the hand & foot lotion, consider this ultra-moisturizing formula as an extension to get your entire body the harsh winter months. Guys, consider yourselves on notice: this is a fab and simple way to treat your lady friends (and yourselves, by extension). Love the Wonder Effect line? You can actually pick up a luxury-sized sampler kit as a perfect birthday or Christmas gift for mom, your sister, or a friend for just $49.95 – giving you instant gift ideas for years to come based on whatever she loves the most.
Collagen Neck Pads – $40 and Collagen Firming Eye Pads – $35
You probably already know this, but as a quick refresher – collagen is what keeps younger folks looking young. It’s what helps to maintain skin’s elasticity, which, when diminished, is what leads to wrinkles. Two areas where early signs of aging often pop up are your neck and your eyes. So if you want to keep things looking primed and taut, consider these collagen neck and eye pads as an easy way to refresh your skin and indulge in an at-home spa treatment at a fraction of the price you’d pay to actually visit a professional. Consider slipping a set into mom’s stocking for a gasp-inducing, swanky gift!
Line Treatment for Lips – $80
I’m not one to judge what people choose to do with their beauty regimes, but part of me is a little weirded out by Botox. The idea of putting poison in your face seems a little off to me, which is why I’m glad to see less cringe-inducing remedies like Elizabeth Grant’s Line Treatment for Lips, which features Ameliox, a cosmetic alternative to Botox. The idea? Just like your neck and eyes, this is an area where wrinkles tend to appear long before they’re welcomed. Simply smoothing on a bit of this Torricelumn-loaded compound works wonders on smoothing the area around the lips for a younger, fresher face. The price might be a little steeper than some of the other items on this post – but if you’ve indulged in the others by this point, there’s no doubt you’ll be keen to try more.
Biocollasis Complex Cell Vitality Revitalizing Day and Night Serums – $90 / $100
One of Elizabeth Grant’s signature lines is the Biocollasis collection – and for good reason. This stuff literally turns back the hands of time when it comes to your skin. If by this point you’ve tried the other items on this list, you’ll have smoothed out your hands, feet, body, neck, eyes, and lips, so naturally we should round things up with a look at your face as a whole. These award-winning, oil-free serums have won praise for their ability to immediately plump up skin with just one or two drops of each product per day (and night) to give you a healthy glow and to work some cell-revitalizing action overnight. Designed to both protect and stimulate, the amazing thing about these serums is the more you use them, the less you’ll need them over time. Amaze right? Before you balk at the price, consider what I said – a couple of drops is all it takes to have these potions work their magic, so you can rest assured this is an investment that’ll totally pay itself back.
Like I said before, skincare is a great gift idea for the holidays – and don’t think it’s limited to the older set. Taking care of your skin from a young age minimizes the amount of counterbalancing you’ll need to do as you get older. Beyond that, you should also definitely take a peek at Elizabeth Grant’s full line of products – including The Socializer collection oriented to the younger set, and their Grant for Men collection for your hubby. In fact, I seriously suggest paying the site a visit, because you’re going to need it if you want the chance to win a Day and Night Serum set of your own.
The thing is, I’m not giving away one, or two sets. I’m actually giving away five Day and Night Serum sets, for a total value of $950! Because this is such a fantabulous giveaway, we’re doing things a little differently. Every five days there will be a draw for one of the five sets. At the close of those five days, there will be a NEW way to earn bonus entries for the next draw (which will be posted by 9 AM AST on each listed date). To participate in every draw you only need to enter the one time, but to earn bonus entries you’ve gotta come back to THIS post to find out the new bonus parameter. Note that bonus entries are not cumulative – they’ll be ‘tossed’ as each new draw period kicks off.
The draw dates / new bonus entry dates are:
November 3rd (no additional bonus entry obviously, just the final draw date)
1) To earn your base entry into ALL FIVE DRAWS, leave a comment by November 3rd on which Elizabeth Grant product tops YOUR wish list – not including what’s featured in this post (unless it really, truly is what you want more than anything). Visit the Elizabeth Grant site for ideas, but be prepared – you may get swept up in the possibilities!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on the five dates listed above to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Show off your subscriber stripes. If you’re already a subscriber of the Canadian Gift Guide, let me know in the comments and you’ll earn a bonus entry. Not a subscriber? Just sign up using the ‘Gift Me Please’ box to the right and let me know you’ve done so in the comments. Note: You MUST leave your subscriber comment by October 12th to earn your bonus entry into the first draw!
5) Bonus Entry #2: Go on and like Elizabeth Grant on Facebook. You’ll be glad you did. Leave your handle in the comments below so I know to credit you your bonus entries Note: You MUST leave your Facebook comment by midnight on October 17th to earn your bonus entry into the second draw!
6) Bonus Entry #3: Head on over to Pinterest and pin up any images from this post (for a total of up to 5 bonus entries), leave a link back to your pins in the comments below. Note: You MUST leave your pin links by October 22nd to earn your bonus entries into the third draw!
7) Bonus Entry #4: Follow Elizabeth Grant (@egskincare) on Twitter! Be sure to leave your Twitter handle in the comments so I know you’ve done your duty. Note: You MUST leave your Twitter handle / follow Elizabeth Grant by October 27th to earn your bonus entry into the fourth draw!
8) Bonus Entry #5: Tweet about this contest to all the stragglers, tagging both myself (@cdngiftguide) and Elizabeth Grant (@egskincare) + a link back to this post! You can earn one bonus entry per day, meaning you can tweet about this contest once per day until November 2nd! Note: You MUST Tweet before November 3rd to earn your bonus entries into the fifth and final draw!