Flash Post: Tree Of Life

What It Is:I really wasn’t kidding when I said it’s holiday time here on the Canadian Gift Guide. And with that, I bring you my first full-on, full-blown holiday-themed gift idea: the modernist ‘tytree’ acrylic Christmas tree. Available in either a clear or frosted finish, this 20″ ‘tree’ is a eye-catching alternative to your traditional balsam or pine tree, and comes with its own set of matching acrylic ornaments. Easy to set up and much longer lasting than its live counterparts, this is a seriously different take on holiday spirit. It might not be for everyone, but if you appreciate it, you’re probably clamoring for it right now.

Who It’s For:Your office staff, to decorate the lobby but still keep things looking prim and polished. Your always-traveling sibling, so they can still have a little bit of holiday cheer in their condo without the hassle of watering a plant. Your kids, cause you’re tired of hauling in a needle-sprinkling tree and want to give them something cheerful of their own.

What It Costs:It’s a doozy – $320. But think of it as an art piece, and consider that these days, the going rate for real trees can be $80+.

Where It’s At:Plushpod.

Comments
7 Responses to “Flash Post: Tree Of Life”

Not my thing — it’s not very inviting, is it?

2. kittypride says:

Wow, unusual…very single person, not into mess tree.
    #CGG

3. Sophia says:

Three words….Way. Too. Cool! I like it! #cgg

Okay, let me get this straight. A 20″ acrylic tree for $320.00????? You have to be kidding! Never! #CGG

5. MissT says:

Ouch the price is what hurts the most and the fact you could make it yourself..
    #cgg

6. Nancy Ren says:

I appreciate the concept, but it doesn’t appeal to my visual senses. Thanks for sharing, nevertheless. #CGG