Flash Post: Slice Of Heaven

Zenker Cake Slicing KitWhat It Is: A three-piece kit designed for serious bakers (and cake lovers). Bake a cake as you normally would, place the slicer on top, and use the included knife to cut a perfect thin layer. Then use the included cake lifter to transport your layers to filling heaven – smear buttercream frosting, fruit filling, or chocolate ganache for up to eight layers of heavenly goodness.

Who It’s For: Your epic baker gal pal, to treat the rest of you at your next book club or baby shower. Your would-be Julia Child mom, to add to her litany of kitchen secrets. Your actual chef friend, so he can add seven-layer cake to his restaurant’s menu.

What It Costs: A pretty penny on paper, although not so terrible when you consider you’re getting 3 pieces – the set retails for $60.

Where It’s At: Amazon‘s got the goods.

Sanuk bonus entry hunters: tell me, would you splurge on this goodie?

Comments
17 Responses to “Flash Post: Slice Of Heaven”
  1. Debbie Bashford says:

I have been eyeballing this for over a year and just can not bring myself to spend the money on something I won’t use very often, but I have seen the cakes that can be made and they are spectacular.

This would be very impressive to take to a family dinner or potluck. I hope it comes on sale!

This is so so so so neat!! It’s perfect for an avid baker!

I’ve seen a similar product but it didn’t have nearly as many layers. Can’t bring myself to spend the money, but it would be fun to have one!

5. leah leitch says:

Yay, someone was thinking!

Can’t justify the purchase price but would love to have one.

I love this product but I don’t bake enough to spend that much. It would make a great gift for a baker.

8. Loralie Baker says:

Sanuk bonus entry: no I probably would not splurge on this item however if someone was to gift it to me I definitely wouldn’t complain 🙂

9. Do I need to mention for every comment t that it is a Sanuk bonus entry? 🙂
    I would love it as a gift, but would not buy it for myself. It would actually help me bake more!

10. Lori Z says:

(Sanuk Bonus entry) Nope, wouldn’t splurge as this’d be something that I’d use only very occasionally.

11. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

(Sanuk Bonus entry) I think this is marvellous for people who bake a lot, I don’t however so my answer would be no.

12. simplyrobby says:

I wannnnnt! That is so convenient, who ever thought of this is a genius!

Sanuk bonus entry: I might splurge on this goodie for a friend & a special occasion but otherwise no.

14. brook says:

Totally worth it for the price.

15. Maggie says:

Sanuk Bonus Entry–Although I think this is a really cool item, I would not splurge on it because I rarely bake cakes.

16. julia g says:

Sanuk bonus- this thing looks amazing, but I would need to bake a lot more than I currently do to make it worth it.