Love At First Bite

Fun Bites

What It Is: Have you heard of the whole ‘Bento Box’ phenomenon with kids lunches these days? Basically it involves some crafty creativity on a parent’s part to make everyday food appear slightly more elaborate by way of cutting fun shapes and potentially arranging them into artful edible canvases. Whether you’ve got a picky Picasso-esque eater on your hands or you simply enjoy small bites over honkin’ sandwiches, FunBites’ line-up of food slicers are absolutely ingenious. With three shapes – squares, triangles, and a large heart that can be rearranged – it’s a total, mess-free snap to easily chop fruits, veggies, cheese, breads and more into geometric pieces. Also cool? It’s BPA free and made in the US of A. Hurrah!

Who It’s For: Your kids, to make masterpiece lunches come September 1. Your sibling, who happens to love whipping up a festive lunch. Your hostess friend, because it’s equally perfect for making pseudo-elaborate party platters of nibbles.

What It Costs: $12.99 per FunBites cutter.

Where It’s At: The FunBites website, which does ship to Canada.

Hey, want to earn an extra ‘Something Blue‘ entry? Just tell me which of the FunBites slicers you’d most like sample.

Important note! I’ve decided to banish ‘Flash Post’ from my blog headers. At the end of the day, every post is worthy of some attention and I don’t want to distinguish between more expansive posts and singular posts. Plus, I think the post titles just pop better without the words in there. They will still be accessible and categorized through the ‘Flash Post’ Category tag (which you can access on the left side of the home page) but you won’t see ’em in the post titles anymore.

Comments
10 Responses to “Love At First Bite”

I would like to try the Heart one, although I think I would purchase all of them. My Grandchildren would love these.

I think I’d probably buy all of them, although I lean towards the triangle one. I can see many uses for these.

3. Grace F says:

They are all great but I gravitated to the triangle immediately.

It would be the squares .

I like the heart one. I always cut my daughters sandwiches into heart shapes on Valentines day 🙂

I’m getting the heart one for my granddaughter – she’s such a picky eater and this may solve the problem.

7. Holly says:

I like the triangles. They all seem fun tho!

Something Blue bonus entry: I’d most like to sample FunBites slicers in their heart shape. I can probably pull of cutting squares & triangles but probably not a perfect heart!

9. Taps says:

Something Blue bonus entry: Triangles for me.. somehow like the way they turn out more than the others!

I would like to try the New Triangles — love those little pinwheels!