Opt To Pop

Fireworks PopcornWhat It Is: Last year for Christmas, I received a pretty sweet popcorn maker as a gift, and became sort of obsessed with tracking down yummy loose popcorn ever since (newsflash: the kernels you buy at the grocery store are uber bland!) Awhile ago I stumbled across Fireworks Popcorn, which prides itself on non-GMO, heirloom varieties that not only look beautiful in the jar, but have slight colour variations over your typical snack. It also tastes a little different too, producing a smaller, fluffier kernel. I love it as a gift idea for the fall because the colours just feel so autumnal already, and it’s about time you transition from ice cream to something warm and lip-smacking.

Who It’s For: The hostess of your girls’ movie night, as a gourmet twist on a snacking favourite. Your popcorn-loving coworker, as a fun birthday surprise. Your spouse, as just a little something extra you pick up for a date night for the two of you. Also makes a pop-ular stocking stuffer!

What It Costs: ~ $7.50 for the smallest size of bottle (which lasted me a good 6 months or so).

Where It’s At: Well technically you can buy from Fireworks Popcorn directly online, but it’s hella pricy to ship. I’ve found their popcorn at a number of indie food boutiques in multiple places across Canada, including Pete’s Frootique in Nova Scotia, Jacobsons in Ottawa, and The Cookbook Co. Cooks in Calgary (who also has the popcorn available for online purchase). I know I’ve seen it other places too, despite what the Fireworks Popcorn says (which only lists two stores at the moment). If you’ve got an independent food boutique in your neighbourhood, pop by and hopefully you’ll be able to find some of the good stuff.

Want an extra entry into this month’s DiaNoche Designs giveaway? Tell me in the comments below which variety of Fireworks Popcorn you’re most curious to try.

Comments
12 Responses to “Opt To Pop”
  1. Debbie Bashford says:

Very curious about the Baby White Rice Popcorn. We love popcorn, eat it at least once a week, but hate the hulls, this is hull-less and could very well become our new go to popcorn!

Popcorn is my favourite snack and I would like to try any of of them but Autumn Blaze sounds interesting and timely

Hmm… think the Sunset Fire Popcorn sounds good.

4. Autumn Blaze popcorn. This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

5. Ashley says:

I love this idea! Way to go! The Harvest one looks the prettiest 🙂 What a great gift idea as well! My Dad would love this!!

Savannah Gold because it sounds so rich.

The Fireworks Popcorn variety that I’m most curious to try is the Baby White Rice Hull-less popcorn. http://www.popcornlovers.com/store/Popcorn/All-Natural-Varieties/10-Baby-White-Rice-Popcorn/session_6e11eee81999/

8. I’d like to try the Red River Valley variety. If nothing else because that’s where my mum’s family is from :0

DiaNoche Designs bonus entry: the variety of Fireworks Popcorn I’m most curious to try is their, “Savanna Gold Popcorn” ‘cos they state it’s “a true popcorn classic with a creamy texture and mellow flavor. This sweet corn melts in your mouth.” yum!

10. Diane says:

I’d like to try the Sunset Fire. Popcorn is our family’s favourite snack.

11. julia g says:

I want to try the Orchard Blossom variety. Or any of them, really.