Good Luck Charmed
Typically speaking when I’m hunting down gifts for the summer reason they revolve around one of three concepts: Weddings, since it is peak season for saying ‘I Do!’. Houseguest gifts, since so many of us are paying a visit to a pal’s cabin or home during a summer holiday. And housewarming presents, given many lucky new homeowners will have bought and moved into their new domains by the end of August. And with that, today’s super awesome gift actually works for ALL THREE of those occasions – and beyond.
Charmed Aroma is a Toronto-based candle company: with a serious twist. Each one of their hand-poured soy candles contains a special treat inside: a piece of jewelry valued anywhere from $10 to $5,000. Yes, you read that right. Buried inside these scrumptious scented candles is a small nugget. When you spot it, simply blow out the flame, grab some tweasers, and reveal your new gem!
If you’re curious as to what kind of gem you can expect inside your candle, simply pop over to the Charmed Aroma website and check out their gallery from other happy customers showing off their new bling. Alternatively, if you want to pick out your own ring, Charmed Aroma sells their pieces separately from the candle so you can update your jewelry wardrobe with a stunning, sparkling, rhodium-plated CZ piece. The rings you can buy for purchase range from $50 – $170, although keep an eye out for more pieces to be added in the future.
Now back to those candles. They currently come in three lovely scents – zippy Emerald Lime, welcoming Velvet Peach, and my personal favourite, sensual Vanilla Crepe. If you like them on Facebook, Charmed Aroma solicits input from fans on what additional scents they’d like to see developed in the future. Like all soy candles, they burn clean – meaning you won’t risk staining your walls with black soot as the wax melts. Based on their size (comparable to the large candles you’d buy at somewhere like Bath & Body Works) you’ll also get quite a lot of use out of ’em too.
What makes these Charmed Aroma candles such a wonderful gift idea, really, is the price. Each candle retails for only $25 (+ $7.95 shipping), making them an ideal choice for any of the occasions I outlined at the top of this post, amongst many others – your mother-in-law’s birthday, your best friends bon voyage fete, even a thank you gift for a neighbour that opted to pick up your mail while you were on a road trip this summer. You can leave the jewelry a total surprise or fill them in on what sets Charmed Aroma’s candles apart. Either way, you’re getting more than your money’s worth with this fun gift.
Finally, apart from giving you one of the niftiest gift ideas of the season, I’ve got one other good piece of news. One lucky winner is going to score a gem from Charmed Aroma’s ring collection, valued at $100! Interested in adding some bling to that finger? Here’s how to enter:
1) Tell me in the comments below by August 17, 2014 – which of these three fragrant candles would you pick? Who would you give a Charmed Aroma candle to?
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around August 18, 2014 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Like Charmed Aroma on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall as to what scent you’d like to see them develop in the future. Leave a link to your comment below to earn an extra entry into the draw!
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Charmed Aroma on Twitter and tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet about why you want to try out their candles. Leave a link to your Tweet below to earn another entry.