All Is Bright
Jewelry is one of my favourite Christmas gifts. Just ask my friends / family – most years, at least a handful of them will nab some sparkly thing I’ve spotted somewhere. And for good reason. Any gal will tell you she can never have enough of the shiny stuff, and there are so many talented designers out there, it’s nearly impossible to get bored with the selection. Today’s featured brand, Jewelry by Andrea, is one such talented designer. Working out of her studio in Calgary, Alberta, Andrea hand makes each of her pieces using exotic and interesting fair trade materials from far-flung destinations like Nepal, Tibet, Thailand and Ghana. Many of her pieces have a spiritual, soothing vibe to them, yet they blend in seamlessly with everyone from a corporate queen’s daytime look to a busy mom-on-the-go’s daily ensembles to your boho best friend’s chic festival wear. And with that, I’ve handpicked a few of my most fave ideas for gift-giving this season! Crystal Hamsa Zen Drop Necklace – $45
I love hamsas and always will – I’ve probably written about various hamsa-related items on this blog a half-dozen times by now. For the uninitiated, a hamsa is an ancient symbol of protection and good will, designed to ward off evil spirits. With Middle Eastern / African origins, it’s a cool way to bring a little ethnic flair to your wardrobe. That’s why this simple silver necklace tops my own wish list (and makes a nifty pick for anyone that’s into yoga). However, if you’re looking for something a little different, Jewelry by Andrea carries a range of pretty hamsa gem-embedded pieces. And if hamsas aren’t your thing like they are mine, you can also search by symbol to pull up options representing everything from a straightforward cross to the zen-inducing tree of life to the super trendy infinity symbol. Simply Stunning Zen Earrings – $45 each
Speaking of Middle Eastern flair, you’ll see a lot of pieces with an exotic vibe to them in Jewelry by Andrea’s line. Case in point? These delicate, fretwork-laden earrings that manage to be light and detailed at the same time. Pieces like these amp up the eye-catching factor whether your daily outfit consists of a tee and jeans or a corporate suit, and given they’re available in both gold and silver, you can buy whichever pair best matches with the rest of your accessories. Also awesome? They ship worldwide, for free. So if you’re shopping for a far away friend, consider this a great destination to save on shipping. Garnet Moon Necklace – $99
How’s this for a mighty big accomplishment from a one-woman shop? Jewelry by Andrea has actually been featured on The CW’s smash hit The Vampire Diaries. In many ways, it’s a perfect pairing – as I mentioned, a lot of the pieces from Jewelry by Andrea have a slightly mystical, ethereal vibe to them, making them blend seamlessly into the style of TVD’s Elena. This particular piece packs a lot of wow into a streamlined package, with January’s garnet birthstone taking centre stage and a half-moon pendant from Bali symbolizing gratitude and enthusiasm. It’s a winning pick whether you’re a TVD fan, interested in moon cycles, or simply wanting to add a chic piece to your jewelry wardrobe. Athena Earrings – $35 each
Although many pieces in the Jewelry by Andrea line are made of metal, there’s also a heavy integration of gem-hued stones, including a prevalence of that holy trinity: rubies, sapphires and emeralds (not real, of course). If you’re looking for a fantastic gift under $40, may I point you in the direction of the line’s Athena Earrings, which come in all three of the aforementioned shades, plus a dusky grey. These simple danglers catch the light beautifully and won’t drag down your earlobes, making them comfortable to wear all day. They’re an ideal choice for your best friend, sister, or mother-in-law – especially because, like all Jewelry by Andrea items, they come pre-packaged in their own convenient little pouch inspired by lands far, far away. Feather & Leather Necklace – $85
If I’m going to do boho – this is how I do it. Namely that edgy, sort of festival-chic look, with dangling pendants and nods to classic hippie motifs, all of which are present in this funky necklace. Strands of chain are interspersed with a sweet feather charm, leather tassel, and sparkly crystals. It’s the kind of piece that’ll go with anything from an oversized sweater for a lazy weekend brunch to a tank and cut-offs for a weekend spent at a music festival. And it’s a wonderful choice for your girlfriend, sibling, or very most bestest gal pal in the world. Love it!
These are just five of the wonderful picks from a pretty extensive range over at Jewelry by Andrea. There are tons more spiritual, zen-influenced jewelry, as well as more subtle picks that’ll add a bit of sparkle and shine to your look. Like I said, the brand does ship worldwide, but knowing that they’re in Canada should give you peace-of-mind that you can peruse and place an order till pretty close to Christmas. And speaking of that, I’ve got a gift for you all! I’m giving away two $75 Jewelry by Andrea gift codes for you to shop to your heart’s content. Want to score one?
Here’s how to enter:
1) First off, pay a visit to the Jewelry by Andrea website and do some browsing. Then, leave me a comment by midnight on November 24, 2014 with a link back to your favourite piece(s) for gifting or getting. There you go – you’ve got an entry!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around November 25, 2014 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entries: You can nab two extra entries into this awesome draw. For each bonus entry, be sure to leave proof of your activity in a separate comment. That means if you do the base entry + the bonus entries for this giveaway, you’ll have three separate comments total.
– Like Jewelry by Andrea on Facebook and leave a comment noting your favourite piece from the collection. Link back to your comment below.
– Sign up for the Jewelry by Andrea email newsletter and tell me you’ve done so below (your email address will be verified based on whatever email you’re leaving a comment with, as a heads up). As a special bonus, you’ll score a 20% discount to Jewelry by Andrea, just for signing up!