A Valia Effort
The holidays are often associated with traditions and rituals – and so too is today’s featured brand. California-based Valia Skincare is inspired by ancient Japanese holistic healing remedies. All of their skin-nourishing products use time-tested ingredients like yuzu and hatomuji (more on them in a bit), and the entire brand follows the philosophy of an ‘inside out’ approach to beauty – i.e. what you put into your body will very much reflect in the quality of your skin on the outside. Today I’m going to walk you through Valia’s products and explain how they’ve tapped into these traditional remedies as well as scientifically proven ingredients to give you the gift of more beautiful skin.
Let’s start with the inside. Valia has an extensive lineup of supplements which are designed to boost your immune system and diminish inflammation, the latter of which can impede your skin’s natural ability to rejuvenate itself. All of the supplements are free from soy, synthetic colours, flavours and sugars, but they are absolutely loaded with antioxidants that help to protect cells and encourage healthy fat cell metabolization. Each of Valia’s supplements are designed to target a different skincare / well-being malady, however some of their benefits overlap so you won’t necessarily be popping 8 different pills every morning.
Let’s take a closer look at one of Valia’s supplements and how they can help your skin shine bright. As I mentioned above, one of Valia‘s key approaches to skincare is to tamp down inflammation – something the key fatty acid omega-3 does in spades. But if you aren’t a big fish eater (the number one naturally occurring source of omega-3’s) then you may want to give the brand’s ‘Hydrate‘ supplement ($22 / 30 pills) a go. Loaded with toxin-free krill oil, this body benefit-laden supplement is free from mercury and pesticides, and is favourite product amongst holistic practicioner’s looking to boost their patients’ omega-3 intake.
Again, this is just one of the eight (at current count) supplements offered up by Valia. Some of them target weight loss – like Forskolin or Metabolize – while others – like Bloom or Envigor – are infused with ingredients to help boost your immune system and slow down the aging clock.
Of course, as I mentioned above, Valia also recognizes that, given your skin is indeed exposed to the outside elements, it requires a little TLC on the outside as well. That’s why they have a lineup of nourishing skincare products that scientifically target your skin on the cellular level through natural active ingredients like the ones I mentioned above.
Your first step is to lather up with one of the brand’s two cleansing products – Cleansing Milk or Purifying Wash. The former ($35) is ideal for those struggling with acne-prone, sensitive or oily skin. It gently refines, enriches and clarifies skin using coconut oil, aloe vera, and pineapple extract to both protect and clean your skin. The Purifying Wash ($34) meanwhile, is great for those with dry or fragile skin. It very gently strips away that daily buildup of dirt and grime to make your skin appear more clean and refreshed, and includes some of the brand’s signature unique ingredients like green tea (which blocks harmful enzymes, tones and moisturizes dry skin, and actually helps safeguard your skin against the sun) and yuzu. Learn more about the brand’s mix of ingredients here.
Yuzu – a Japanese fruit – is actually the star ingredient of Valia’s Yuzu Hydrating Creme ($47). If you’ve ever heard of the skincare benefits of lemon, yuzu is actually three times more potent, while delivering a healthy dose of vitamin C to help bright your skin and function as an antioxidant. When paired with the product’s licorice extract, your skin will benefit from a reduced level of irritation, diminished age spots, more even pigmentation and altogether, a beautiful, youthful complexion.
As you may have guessed by this point, another great benefit of Valia is their use of and commitment to natural ingredients. In fact, being ‘green’ is a major component of the Valia brand across the board. Their products are cruelty-free and vegan, their ingredients are made from the purest plant-based ingredients and essential oils and free from harmful artificial substances and colours. Plus, even their packaging is kind to the earth: made from recycled and recyclable materials, this is a product that thinks of its life cycle at every step in the process.
For now, the best place to peruse and order Valia products is AHAlife, a luxury goods etailer that ships to Canada with no problemo! In terms of holiday gift-giving, may I suggest giving their Beauty Ingestibles Sets a whirl to treat a lucky, au naturel woman in your life to a radiant outlook on life (and her skin) in the new year? Or perhaps one of the three awesome giveaways I’m hooking you readers up with? Oh yeah, you could be the winner of:
Prize 1: Cleansing Milk + Yuzu Hydrating Creme ($82 value)
Prize 2: Purifying Wash + Yuzu Hydrating Creme ($81 value)
Prize 3: Travel Kit ($35 value)
Interested in winning? Here’s how to enter for your shot at some get gorgeous products from Valia this holiday season!
1) Leave a comment on this post by midnight on December 18, 2014 telling me which product you’re most in need of from the Valia website.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 19, 2014 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entries: There’s four ways to get extra entries into this amazing giveaway. Do all of them or just one. For whatever Likes / Tweets you do, be sure to leave your proof in separate comments per bonus entry.
– Like Valia on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall on what you love about their products. Link back to your comment below.
– Follow Valia on Twitter and tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet that links back to this post. Link back to your Tweet in a comment below.
– Follow Valia on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share an image off their site on your own Instagram. Link back to your shared photo below.
– Share Valia’s Facebook Page on YOUR Facebook. Then link back to your wall post below – note: you may have to soften your privacy settings in order for me to be able to view your shared wall post.