New Kid On The Blocks

New Kid On The Block

What It Is: Another week, another baby gift idea. What can I say? I’ve spent a lot of time in the baby sections of shops since the arrival of my new niece – who I finally get to meet this week in person! This one is something I would have picked out for myself, never mind someone else. In today’s age of documenting everything, ever, photographs are de rigeur as we watch our little ones grow up (so fast). These cool blocks are a creative way to keep tabs on your baby’s age. One block can be adjusted to say weeks, days, months or years, while the other two can be combined into any number you need. So instead of slapping on a Facebook caption or something, just prop the blocks up next to baby, take a picture, and presto, you’ve got an element of consistency in every snapshot, even as your child develops all kinds of new features and abilities. The blocks are available in both a boy-themed and girl-themed set. It’s such a lovely idea, it may even become a family heirloom.

Who It’s For: Naturally any expecting mom, or new mom. Mother’s Day is just around the corner!

What It Costs: Each set is $45

Where It’s At: Indigo is where I spotted them.

BONUS entry into this month’s awesome Abeego giveaway. Tell me in the comments below – any babies on the way in your life? What do you think of this sweet gift idea?

Comments
17 Responses to “New Kid On The Blocks”
  1. nicolthepickle says:

I like this. Think how nice they would be as props for newborn pictures.

2. Aimee says:

This would be a great baby shower gift. I have a new niece , who’s mom would love this

3. Rachel C. says:

My niece is on the way – 3 more months! So exciting. I think this is a fab gift idea. Baby shower, perhaps?

4. Anne Derkat says:

Such a neat idea. We have no babies yet in our family as grandchildren are too young.

No babies here in the near future but I think this makes a great gift.

Sadly, no babies on the way. I love this idea though. Will keep it in mind in case any babies appear in the future!

7. Joan G. says:

no babies in my immediate family – not sure I would get use of this idea, I have a hard time remembering to turn the pages on a calendar.

8. Alison says:

We are doing ivf this month. I think this would be awesome for baby pics!

9. Lindsey says:

I don’t know anyone this would be good for – no babies around here!

10. Susan Patterson says:

This looks so great to have the baby’s age on the photo. I have a niece and a nephew who both just had baby girls.

11. kiraali says:

I love it! No babies on their way around here. I’ll have to keep this in mind when there are!

12. Terry says:

YES.YES. YES. I am so thrilled to be able to tell someone that I am going to be a great grandmother ( or in this house, I will be called GGma) this fall. I love blocks. My children always had all kinds of blocks – wooden, plastic, big enough to crawl thro. etc. These blocks look fantastic!

Find of the Month: Abeego bonus entry: My coworker is having a baby & I think these blocks just might make a presence in her work-shower party. Thanks

14. katydidit21 says:

I have a work colleague who is expecting her first child any day now. This would be a great gift for her.

I think it is an adorable idea. New baby coming in July from Niece and Nephew!!

I think it’s cute! New baby coming any day now!

New great nephew recently and I think this is an awesome idea. It’s a fun gift idea for any new parents.