Victoria Day weekend is but a few weeks away – and with it, what I consider the official kickoff to summertime, including backyard BBQs, social events, and evenings that seem to last forever. To help celebrate the season, you may want to check out today’s featured brand, a new collection of culinary delights produced by Orange Crate Food Co. and Cottage Life magazine.
As you can imagine, the Cottage Life lineup of products are designed with entertaining and effortless preparation in mind. With 40 products in total, the lineup includes mouthwatering dips, seasonings, sauces and more! Today, I’m walking you through the line to get your belly rumbling!
Cottage Life Salad Dressings – $8.99 each
First up, every good dinner party needs a delicious salad. Why not top it off with one of Cottage Life’s new gourmand, creamy salad dressings? Available in Creamy Italian, Balsamic & Olive Oil, and Gorgonzola & Pear, these scrumptious dressings are gluten-free and vegan (save for the Gorgonzola variety), and add a vibrant pop of flavour to summer vegetables. Bring a bottle separate from a salad for a potluck, and let the hostess keep it afterwards for a special treat.
Cottage Life Hot Dips – $7.99 each
A delicious hot dip can be the focal point of a party, as the guests circle and not-so-casually come back for seconds and thirds. The Cottage Life lineup includes six different hot dip mixes, which, when blended with other fresh ingredients, make for perfect appetizers or party snacks. Buy an entire set as a houseguest gift when a pal invites you to their cabin for the weekend, and make it an event to try a different one each night.
Cottage Life Burger Spices – $7.99 each
Summer just isn’t summer without biting into a fresh-grilled, ideally homemade burger during a backyard bash. Spice up your next burger by sprinkling in one of Cottage Life’s three tantalizing burger spices – ranging from creole-style Cajun to spicy Tex Mex to rustic Canadian. The entire collection makes an awesome Father’s Day gift for any grill master in the family.
Cottage Life Salsas – $8.99 each
My husband and I are big salsa aficionados, always looking for new varieties to try – and the five on offer from Cottage life are all equally appealing. Whether you’re looking for something sweeter, like Ginger Peach or Mango Pineapple, or something scorching hot, like Spicy Sundried Tomato or the deadly Ghost Pepper salsa, you’ve got options. Or go for something classic with an Italian twist, like the rustic Tomato & Basil blend. Bring a few bags of gourmet chips to a friend’s housewarming and serve up some fun this summer.
Dockside Drink Rimmers – $7.99 each
If your idea of cooling off in the summer heat involves sipping on an alcoholic beverage, then you’ll want to invest in one of these creative drink rimmers for Caesars and Margaritas. Simply sprinkle some into a shallow bowl or plate, wet the rim of your cup, and twist it into the rimmer a few times for a lip-smacking pop of flavour with every sip. I love the idea of bringing this along with all the fixings to make your favourite cocktails at a friend’s bash.
Cottage Life Dinner Spices – $7.99 each
I’m not a meat eater, but even I have to admit that the sound of these spice mixes is pretty scrumptious! Available in 10 different varieties for all cuts of meat (plus some offbeat picks like poutine gravy and homefry potato seasoning), these spice packets are an ideal pick for anyone looking to unleash a secret weapon at their next dinner bash. Gift the entire collection to a fab hostess in your life, or pair them with a gift certificate to a local butcher for the BBQ master in your household (they also work great in tandem with the Burger Spices mentioned above).
Cottage Life Cold Dips – $3.99 each
Finally, summer veggies and crackers have found a new best friend in Cottage Life’s array of six refreshing cool dips. With intriguing combinations like Maple Chipotle and Garlic & Sundried Tomato, there’s a scrumptious, easy-to-make dip mix for every taste in your family’s palette. Plus, when dip’s involve, suddenly the kids become a lot more willing to nosh on some fresh summer vegetables. They also make fab stocking stuffers for anyone that loves to entertain year-round!
Want to find Cottage Life products in your neighbourhood? Try out their store locator for the nearest retailer so you can stock up. And if you’re feeling hungry, good news! I’m giving away two Cottage Life gift baskets to two lucky winners. Our lucky first prize winner will nab $70 in Cottage Life prizes, while the second place winner will score a $30 basket. Want to win one? Here’s how to enter:
1) First off! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, visit the Orange Crate Food Co. site and tell me what product you’re most interested in trying! You’ve got till May 22, 2015 to share your pick(s).
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around May 23, 2015 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry:
– Follow Orange Crate Food Co. on Pinterest and repin one of their Pins. Share that pin in a separate comment below.
– Follow Orange Crate Food Co. on Instagram. Then either share one of the photos on their site to your own Instagram or Regram one of their photos. Link back to your shared image in a separate comment below.
– Like Orange Crate Food Co. on Facebook. Leave a comment on their wall about why you’d like to try their product. You’re under no obligation to mention the CGG on their Page. Link back to your Facebook comment in a separate comment below.