Take a look at the photo below and tell me what you see…is it a stylish young woman with a cool, eye-catching tote? Well forgive me for tricking you – but you’re wrong (kinda)!
I mean, yes, she’s stylish and young, and yes, that’s an eye-catching bag…but an everyday tote it is not. In fact, it’s a diaper bag from timi & leslie, one of the pioneers of taking this busy mom-on-the-go staple and elevating it from purely functional to totally fashionable.
timi & leslie diaper bags are sold all over boutiques and major retailers in Canada and the U.S. Up north, you can find them at Buy Buy Baby Canada and Indigo, to name just a few, plus they also ship to Canada from their website. All of their bags are rendered in stylish designs that make them virtually indistinguishable on the outside from your favourite purses and totes, but on the inside, contain everything you need to stay organized, like the Marie Antoinette bag in Silver, above ($169 – all prices in USD unless otherwise noted). This sumptuous bag includes all of the essentials new moms need – like an insulated bottle holder, a zippered sac to tuck soiled clothing into, and a change pad for easy, on-the-go diaper swaps.
The price is also super great – so much so that you could easily invest in more than one bag to switch things up over the months. Virtually all of the bags retail for under $200 Canadian, and the ones you see above represent a range of price points. The Tag-a-Long tote on the left is $99 USD, the deep teal Madison tote in the middle is $169, while the Soho tote on the right is $109. These bags also represent the range of styles you’ll find at timi & leslie. Whether you’re looking for a more earthy-toned tote, a classic colour and shape, a vibrant pop of colour, or a unique fabric, they’ve got a style for virtually every woman (or even man – Jack Black is a fan).
On that note, when you’re toting a timi & leslie bag, like the Dawn 7-piece set above ($149), you’re in good company. Trendsetting celeb moms like Angelina Jolie, Cindy Crawford, Courtney Cox, Nicole Kidman, and Jessica Alba have all been spotted toting these classy yet comfortable bags around town.
What I especially love is that timi & leslie bags don’t tip too far in either direction. Yes, they are totally trendy and offer similar profiles to your existing purses. But they aren’t impractical by any means. As you can see with the Charlie bag ($159.99) above, every little detail has been carefully thought out. There’s a place for everything in your diaper bag, plus when you buy one of their 7-piece set bags (which most of them are), it comes with handy extras like an interior key fob so you never have to worry about digging around for your keys while grappling with a carrier in one hand.
I of course wanted to share this brand with you guys for a few reasons. One, as a new auntie I love scoping out all the coolest baby brands out there – and timi & leslie is a major winner for catering to mom on multiple levels. And of course, with all those new babies means endless baby showers. Be the star of the celebration by gifting a sibling, daughter or close friend with one of these chic bags – she’ll love you forever!
Finally, I have some very exciting news! timi & leslie has graciously agreed to give away a Classic Tote in Serengeti (retailing for $134.99 CDN) to one lucky reader of the Canadian Gift Guide. Want to win this snappy diaper bag? Here’s how to enter:
1) First and foremost! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, visit the timi & leslie website and tell me the name of your favourite diaper bag and what colour you’d like it in. You’ve got till May 29, 2015!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around May 30, 2015 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry – three ways to earn them. For every bonus entry, be sure to post a separate comment. You can earn up to three extra entries into the draw!
– Follow timi & leslie on Twitter and tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet that links back to this giveaway. Link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.
– Follow timi & leslie on Instagram. Then either share one of the photos on their site to your own Instagram or Regram one of their photos. Link back to your shared image below.
– Like timi & leslie on Facebook. Leave a comment on their wall about why you’d like to nab one of their diaper bags. You’re under no obligation to mention the CGG on their Page.