For The Happy Couple
Let’s wrap up June shall we? Wedding season is in full force – if you want to go off registry and surprise the happy couple to be with something special, here are some swell ideas to celebrate their love.
Personalized Luxury Cutting Board – From $82+ @ OSOhome
If the bride and groom (or bride & bride or groom & groom) are uniting under one name, why not celebrate it with a pretty luxurious cutting board? A good wooden cutting board is a great investment that will actually be used daily. OSOhome sells boards in a range of woods and grains that can be customized in a bunch of cool ways. In fact, they’re so pretty they could be used as serving boards for a swanky wine and cheese setup.
Clam Shell Serve Bowl – $122 @ Pottery Barn
For the entertaining couple comes a showy piece they’ll always associate with their nuptials. Designed to look like an oversized pewter clam, this stylish serving dish can be used as a centerpiece for oysters or other shellfish, but works equally well to stash bottles of sparkling water or other apertifs you want to keep cool. It’s definitely a statement piece so buy carefully – but if it’s to the couple’s taste they’ll totally love it.
‘We Do’ Magnetic Tea Lights – $40 USD @ Lebored
Heady to a quirky wedding? Want to top up your presentation with something different? Lebored’s magnetic tea lights – which keep their pairings nice and close – are a super cute gift idea to celebrate the big day. Choose from a bride and groom or a gay couple of your choice – the kit comes with two pine tea light holders, tea lights, and magnets. It’s a crafty way to celebrate the big day!
Gold Tipped Flatware – $38 for a Five Piece Place Setting @ Anthropologie
For the designer couple, update their cutlery (a traditional wedding pick) with something fun that’s part antique, part modern. Anthropologie’s gold-tipped flatware is actually quite affordable and makes a splash at the dinner table. Want to go the extra mile? The company offers a ton of great accessories for a total matching set, including a pie server and salad servers. Love the idea but not this particular set? There’s a ton of unique colours of cutlery making the rounds today – from rose gold to champagne gold to jet black.
Breakaway Experiences – From $85 / Gift Certificates from $25
When they’re in the newlywed phase, why not give them something to make some amazing memories in their first year of marriage? Breakaway Experiences offers more unique adventures than ever in almost all of Canada’s provinces. With activities to suit everyone’s tastes – from a brewery tour in Toronto to dance lessons in Montreal to kayaking the open waters in Ganonoque – this is a great, flexible way to surprise the lovebirds. Are you a bride or groom? Then pay attention – Breakaway Experience also offers a wedding registry option. Simply set up a free account with Breakaway Experiences and start adding your dream activities to a list – send it out to your guests and they can help fund them, giving you plenty of opportunities to explore and experience the world like never before.
Want to try out an awesome experience for yourself? Breakaway Experiences is giving away a $100 gift certificate to a lucky reader. Here’s how to enter:
1) Important! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, leave a comment below telling me what Breakaway Experience you’d like to try if you were the winner of this giveaway. You have until July 15, 2015 to share your pick.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around July 16, 2015 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Visit Breakaway Experience’s Facebook Page and like it. Then leave a wall post on their page. Link back to your wall post in a separate comment below to nab an extra entry.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Breakaway Experiences on Twitter and tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet that links back to this post.