The Great Outdoors
What It Is: Summertime means visits to the cabin, days at the beach, and in general, time spent outdoors. No matter where your adventures may take you, it’s super important to make sure you’ve got the right gear. With much of Canadians’ time spent on the water in the summer, Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) are an absolute must-have. The good news? Coleman’s lineup of PFDs is way more advanced than those bulky, awkward PFDs you may remember from your childhood. Available in sizes for infants, children, youth, and adults, their PFDs are designed for a whole range of activities. Case in point? Fishermen will love the Deluxe Fishing Vest ($54), which includes two pockets to keep essentials close at hand and is Transport Canada approved. If you’re a water sports fan, check out the his and hers Hydropene Vests ($64.97), which move with your body no matter what activity you’re taking on.
If you believe that getting outdoors this summer (and every summer) is a must-have, you’ll want to check out Coleman’s Get Outside initiative. As big believers of enjoying Canada’s natural splendor, Coleman is petitioning (with your help) the Canadian government to declare Friday, July 17th (yes, tomorrow), National Get Outside Day. Click here to sign the petition and learn about awesome ways you can get back to nature and enjoy the great outdoors this summer.
Who It’s For: Your grandkids that are just dipping their toes into the proverbial water. Your spouse that just got a new boat or water toy. Your dad, who loves to fish and could use a new PFD for those rougher waters.
What It Costs: This practical gift idea comes with a practical price tag – the PFDs retail for as little as $21.97 for a basic youth or adult style.
Where It’s At: You can check out the full line on the Coleman Canada website. Most styles are available at Walmart.
As a last piece of great news, I’m giving away an Adult Nylon Paddlesport Vest in Green from Coleman! If you’re interested in winning this awesome PFD to make your summer shine, here’s how to enter:
1) First of all! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, leave a comment below telling me what Coleman PFD you’d love to get for yourself. While you’re at it, sign Coleman Canada’s petition for Get Outside Day. You have until August 3, 2015.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around August 4, 2015 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow @GetOutsideDay on Twitter and Tweet about the campaign, tagging @GetOutsideDay. Leave a link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry 2: Sign the Get Outside Day petition. Once you’ve done so, leave a separate comment below telling me.