Want to give your hair the celebrity treatment? Then you will *love* today’s featured brand – SHOW Beauty! This relative newcomer to the luxury hair care scene emphasizes products that pull double duty – using innovative natural ingredients to deliver shine, volume, and a sensational fragrance. I’m going to highlight a few of their star products today to get you on the way to the most glossy, glorious locks ever.
Pure Treatment Oil – $98
This product is no joke. It’s a triple blend of argan (read: Moroccan), jojoba and caffeine oils, and it’s meant to give your hair a beautiful smooth, shiny and soft finish. If you’ve used oils like this before, you’ll know that they can sometimes leave a waxy, greasy residue on your locks – but not the case here! This oil goes on super lightweight and has an easy, spreadable consistency so it won’t just pile onto one spot on your head. Plus the bottle looks tres chic on your vanity table!
Premiere Dry Shampoo – $58
One of the things SHOW is known for is their custom fragrances applied to their products, created by fragrance innovators over at Givaudan. It’s used to nice effect with their Dry Shampoo, which goes on colourless (a must-have feature for dark-haired lasses like myself) and doesn’t dry out hair the way some dry shampoos can. The price may be a touch higher than you’re used to for a dry shampoo, but those two features alone – along with the sizable bottle this stuff comes in – make it well worth the price tag.
Divine Thickening Lotion – $78
If having thicker, lusher, Hollywood-style hair is your priority, than SHOW is your brand. They have several products designed to pump up the volume, but this luxurious cream takes the cake, thanks to its use of wheat protein and Vitamin E. Simply lather it into your hair after a shower and be impressed by the hair extension-like volume it delivers.
Finishing Spray – $58
There are many things I love about this hairspray. First and foremost, the formulation is great. I don’t feel like I’m dousing my scalp with something sticky – it’s made from a fine powder and definitely delivers hold without feeling chunky or stiff. Second, it also helps protect your hair from heat styling and UV rays. Finally, the bottle is beautiful and the scent is lovely – it’s a winner of a product that can be used every day you style your hair, even if you’re just doing something sleek and simple.
SHOW may be a newcomer, but they’re already building up a loyal fan base for their attention to detail and the results their full line-up of products delivers. Available in Canada via Sephora, I seriously encourage you to check them out. The results are on par with what you’d get at a salon, so if you’re seeking out a new luxury hair care brand, then definitely put SHOW toward the top of your list to experiment with.
Speaking of experimenting, I’m giving away a fabulous SHOW prize package to a lucky winner! If you win, you’ll nab three of the products I mentioned in this post – the Pure Treatment Oil, Finishing Spray and Dry Shampoo, for a grand total value of $214! And given the products are all very lightweight, they’ll work on virtually any type of hair. So what are you waiting for? Here’s how to enter for your shot at winning:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by October 27, 2015 telling me what product you’re most interested in from SHOW.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around October 28, 2015 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow SHOW on Twitter and Tweet about the giveaway, tagging them and me (@cdngiftguide) with a link back to this post. Leave a link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow SHOW on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from Sephora / their site. Leave a link back to your shared image in a separate comment below.