Let It Glow
So earlier this week I talked a fair bit about beauty gifts…and as always it inspired hundreds of you to weigh in with your favourite beauty gift ideas. Today I wanted to point you in a particular direction – Shoppers Drug Mart! For those of you that missed it, Shoppers Drug Mart’s famed Beauty Boutiques now have an online presence at BeautyBoutique.ca, which means you can finally peruse their expansive lineup of brands from the comfort of home – and discover all kinds of hidden gems! It’s also a great place to browse house brand Quo Cosmetics, which is chockful of gifting ideas, some of which I’ve rounded up for today’s post!
Quo Cosmetic Cracker Set – $20
I believe I featured Quo’s original crackers last year, as a great gift idea for your girlfriends. That recommendation holds strong this year, as these festive dinner table decorations hold something way cooler than a paper crown and a silly trinket. Instead, each cracker has a miniature lip gloss / eyeshadow. It makes for a fun hostess gift if you’re gathering with the gals, or a cool gift for the ‘teens table’ at an overstuffed Christmas dinner.
Quo Emery Board – $3 each
Stocking stuffer alert! These glittery emery boards have a totally festive feeling to them, while still getting the job done. Available in pink, black, or gold (Quo’s signature colour scheme this season), these cute emery boards are so affordable and the perfect complement to a collection of fun nail polishes…oh yeah, more on those in a bit!
Soap & Glory Winter Wonderhand Gift Set – $12
Perfect as a stocking stuffer, hostess gift, or present for your bestie, this trio of hand creams is perfect for staving off dry, crackly hands. Non-greasy yet oh so moisturizing, the brand’s ‘Hand Food’ lotions are quickly becoming cult favourites for their affordable price and amazing results. This little set contains three delicious scents – their rose and bergamot Original Pink, the baking-inspired Sugar Crush, and a limited edition fragrance called Smoothie Star.
After you’ve perfected your nails with the emery board and hand lotions featured above, it’s time to polish them off – literally! I love the idea of mini polishes as it allows you to experiment with tons of colours without breaking the bank or worrying about them drying up. Quo by ORLY has a few different gift sets out this season, but this is the grand dame of them all, featuring 12 mini lacquers in solid brights and glittering festive hues alike. It’s amazingly priced too – making it a great fit for everyone from your granddaughter to your closest girlfriend.
Christmas is the season of beauty value palettes – and Quo has multiple offerings this year. The Trendsetter kit is their middle of the road option, price point-wise. It’s actually a fabulous option for the gal that travels, with 24 eyeshadows in universally flattering neutrals like beige, pink, and grey, as well as 16 lip glosses, and two options each for face powders and blushes. It even comes with a mascara and four applicators, as well as an expansive mirror, so you can perfect that holiday look on the go.
Another value set that’s perfect to gift to one lip-smacking lady or divide amongst your friends, this collection consists of eight mini lip glosses housed in a festive gold and pink package. With a full range of appealing hues from rich holiday berries to soft, subtle nudes, this is the perfect set for any woman looking to share a kiss or two underneath the mistletoe – and it’s affordably priced enough that it works just as well as a fun little stocking stuffer or Secret Santa exchange item!
Another fabulous stocking stuffer with an unbelievable price! Joe Fresh cosmetics are no longer just limited to Loblaws / Superstore people – you can snap up Joe Fresh beauty products at Shoppers Drug Mart stores across Canada, like their Smokey Eye Palettes. Available in three trendy colour combinations (Gold, Cool Neutrals and Modern Smokey), these purse-sized palettes are about the size of a matchbook and come equipped with five shadows designed to blend for a perfect smokey eye, each and every time.
1) First of all: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by December 7, 2015 telling me what your favourite gift idea is that was featured in this post!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 8, 2015 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow @ShopprsDrugMart and Tweet about the giveaway, linking back to your Tweet in a separate comment below. Please tag @ShopprsDrugMart, @cdngiftguide, and use the hashtag #Quo or #QuoCosmetics, as well as a link back to this post.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Pin your favourite gift idea from this post onto Pinterest. Use the hashtag #Quo or #QuoCosmetics if it’s an item from the Quo line. Leave a link back to your Pin in a separate comment below.