Survival of the Fittest
January, as I’ve alluded to several times this month, is often a time for reflection and self-improvement. I’ve already done a few gift ideas this month related to wellness and physical activity, but today’s gift guide is 100% committed to the sporty set – check out five awesome fitness gifts to add to your shopping list for anyone that’s either already a gym buff or just getting back into the swing of things.
Arrow by Birchbox – From $12
Meet the newest line of cosmetics created by the world’s most infamous beauty box! Arrow is an ‘athleisure’ line of beauty products designed for the active girl. Whether you’re heading to the gym, pounding it out on the track or meeting up with friends for smoothies afterward, this efficient, lightweight collection packs extra benefits that fit girls will totally love. Take for example, their REVIVE Cooling Cheek Tint, which maintains that healthy workout flush and offers a refreshing cooling sensation. Or their paraben-free, aluminum-free deodorant PROTECT, to keep odours at bay when on mile 10 during a spin class, working perfectly for people with sensitive skin. The three products you see above are available for a limited time in a collectible gift set (housed in a locker room-friendly waterproof tote) for just $47 – nab it while you can!
Mio Fuse Fitness Tracker – $165 @ MEC
Keeping tabs on your fitness is a super hot trend right now – so why not go with a brand that knows fitness? Mio’s Fuse Fitness Tracker is a unisex option that comes in three sporty shades and offers a lightweight cuff profile. Tracking your heart rate, steps, calories, distance and speed, this easy-to-use tracker sends data to your phone via Bluetooth. What’s also cool is you can customize it to find your target heart rate. The band will light up when you’re in the zone, but also highlight when it’s too low or more important – too high, ensuring you don’t push yourself to the breaking point.
Body Mind Soul by La Vie En Rose – From $24.95
The best way to get motivated to get to the gym? Nab a cute outfit. La Vie En Rose has recently launched a tres chic and cheery collection called Body Mind Soul, which can be mixed and matched in endless ways to create a super flattering workout ensemble. Shorts, capris, and leggings with figure-hugging waists and fun patterns are perfectly matched with strappy sports bras, comfortable workout tanks that won’t ride up, and awesome jackets to wear to and from the gym. While most pieces are in the $24.95 – $50 range, there are also some matching accessories available – like cute headbands for just $5.95.
Magic Carpet Yoga Mats – $98 USD
Have you ever seen such pretty yoga mats? These gorgeous non-latex PVC mats are created with sustainable, UV-treated inks, creating a virtual work of art under your feet as you channel your inner warrior. Perfect for indoor or outdoor practice, these Persian rug-inspired mats come in a huge range of styles – plus sizes. That’s right, they also have pint-sized mats for young yogis and even tots looking to channel some prana. Shipping’s about $30, so while this may be a more luxe gift, it’s one a yogi in your life will truly adore.
Ript 3-Phase Hand Care Kit – $21.95
When your muscles are getting ripped, your hands unfortunately can also get ripped – blisters, calluses and raw skin are common maladies for those that use their hands for physical fitness, like CrossFit, weight lifters, rowers or gymnasts. Enter Ript, with offers a trio of products designed to rejuvenate rough skin. Start with the Grindstone (preferably in the shower) to smooth and shape calluses so you can thin them but still protect your hands. Then layer on the Daily Dose formulation to increase hydration and prevent your calluses from tearing. If a callus does rip, enter the Quick Fix apply it for immediate soothing relief and antibacterial cleansing so when it reforms, it’ll do so healthily. Together, you can keep those hands as tough and ready to work out as you are.
Looking to up your fitness this new year? I’m giving away a trio of great prizes valued at over $110 – at a minimum (you get to choose part of the prize!)
- Arrow PROTECT Deodorant
- 3x Pieces from the La Vie En Rose Body Mind Soul
- Ript 3-Phase Hand Care Kit
Want to win this cool combo of prizes? Here’s how to enter:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by February 12, 2016, telling me your favourite Pantone gift idea in this post.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around February 13, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Birchbox – Follow the brand on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it to your own feed. Whatever you do, be sure to tag Birchbox in your photo. Leave a link to your photo in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: La Vie En Rose – Follow the brand on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it to your own feed. Whatever you do, be sure to tag LVER in your photo. Leave a link to your photo in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: RIPT – Like the brand on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall as to why you’re interested in trying their products. Link back to your wall post in a separate comment below.