It’s a funny thing, isn’t it, that even though summertime is miles away, we are all already scoping out new swimsuit styles. After all, many a Canadian gal is heading down south this winter, and you can surely justify a new suit or two for a sojourn to a sunnier climate, right? With that in mind, I wanted to point you in the direction of La Vie En Rose’s awesome swimwear collection – and highlight a few of my fave styles, along with some great accessories to go with!
La Vie En Rose One-Piece Crochet Halter Swimsuit – $69.95
La Vie En Rose Neutral Beach Bag – $18.95
Stella & Dot The Wanderer Cuff – $39
One of the BIG trends this season for La Vie En Rose is the use of crochet, which quite frankly, I’m obsessed with. It gives you the feeling of being more covered up while still allowing a bit of a peek-a-boo sex appeal. I love it so much in fact, you’ll see some of their other crochet suits later in this post, but this cool one-piece is definitely a standout. Finish it off with some equally colourful cool accessories, like this super affordably priced beach bag and a fun friendship bracelet-inspired cuff.
La Vie En Rose ‘Queen of the Jungle’ Swimwear – From $29.95
La Vie En Rose Palm Tree Beach Bag – $24.95
Tropical Blooms Fashion Sunglasses – $31.37 @ Amazon.ca
One of the things I most love about what La Vie En Rose is doing with swimwear is how they’re really democratizing swimsuits. What I mean by that is virtually all of their swimwear comes in a range of fully mix-and-match pieces to suit however much or little coverage you want, including tops for D+ girls that offer extra support. Case in point? The cute lime green and jungle pieces you see above can go from a teeny Brazilian bikini bottom to a retro-inspired high waist style, but each offers their own bit of fun detail in the form of corset-inspired weaving and thin straps. When you’re wearing a suit with a dramatic impact like one of these, tone it down with the accessories – a hint of tropical accent on your bag or glasses is all you need.
La Vie En Rose Deep V One-Piece Swimsuit – $62.95
La Vie En Rose Beach Hat – $22.95
La Vie En Rose Thong Sandals – $22.95
If you’re really not feeling a two-piece, have no fear – there are plenty of one-piece styles that still offer plenty of style. My personal fave is this slightly retro inspired option, that features a figure-flattering deep v, open back, and foldover waistband. All you need is a stylish sarong, studded sandals, and a classic floppy hat to take this stylish monokini from the beach to the bar my friends.
La Vie En Rose ‘Sporty Trend’ Collection – From $26.95
Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunblock Lotion SPF 100 – $10 for 2 @ Amazon.ca
La Vie En Rose Metal Nose Bridge Sunglasses – $9.95
What’s also cool is the range of inspiration La Vie En Rose is using in their swimwear these days. They’ve incorporated a crazy array of trends, from fringe to colour blocking to fitness wear-inspired looks, like the swimsuits you see above. Combining mesh with sporty silhouettes and lime green accents, these suits are great for the gal that loves to actually swim instead of just hitting the beach. Of course, every beach bunny knows, it’s key to protect your eyes (sunnies!) and your skin (hardcore waterproof sunscreen!) Cause if there’s one slight drawback to all these cool cuts and mesh fabrics, it’s the potential for some gnarly tan lines if you don’t apply proper sunscreen.
Now I couldn’t leave all of you potential snowbirds (or at least temporary sun birds) without a great giveaway! La Vie En Rose has agreed to give one lucky winner the swimsuit of their choice! Want to win? Here’s how you can enter:
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by March 2, 2016 that includes a link to your favourite product(s) from La Vie En Rose’s swimwear line.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around March 3, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow La Vie En Rose on Pinterest and Pin something from their swimwear collection onto your Pinterest account. Leave a link back to your Pin in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow La Vie En Rose on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow La Vie En Rose on Twitter and send out a Tweet that tags them + me (@cdngiftguide) and links back to this post. Leave a link to your Tweet in a separate comment below.