Between The Sheets
The buzziest businesses these days are the ones that are disrupting the status quo. With virtually everything up for grabs – from Uber taking on taxis to Airbnb taking on hotels – from people that want to share how they do things better, it’s a cool time for innovation. Heck, when even how you think about bedsheets is part of the picture, then you know there’s no end to how many cool ways we can change our world.
So who’s the disrupter in this case? It’s bedface, a new sheet brand out of Vancouver, BC that has the charming mission of wanting to the make the best damn sheets on the internet. How does one accomplish such a goal? First, create crazy comfortable sheets from pure proprietary cotton, called facetech. This cozy material has a slightly thicker and more textured matte finish, giving it a luxe feeling. While all cotton is breathable (a must-have for a comfortable sleep), facetech is extra breathable thanks to the fabric’s bigger threads and looser weave. Plus, it’s pre-washed before you get it so the sheets feel nice and plush from day one.
‘The next ingredient to success? Colour! You all know my obsession with colourful things, and bedface delivers by offering all of their sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases in a range of hues from classic neutrals to vibrant, punchy tones. You can mix and match them in any combination you like, with over 200 combinations to choose from right now. Need some help? bedface offers handy guides to some of their most popular sleep sets.
If you want to get creative (or just see your favourite sheets together) you can also use their handy (and hilarious) Bed Maker, which allows you to mix and match duvets and sheets to your heart’s content until you find that perfect combo. It also allows for an at-a-glance peek at what’s in stock too and see the pricing pretty easily, which is also part of the brand’s winning combination – they work directly with their manufacturer to drive the cost down, so prices for a total set start at just $239 for a Queen bed.
But wait, there’s more! After you’ve nailed down your dream sleep set, because this is a Canadian company, you’ll be happy to hear the shipping rates are totally reasonable. $9 will get your custom sheets out to you in under a week OR you can share your purchase to social media to nab free shipping. Holla! And bedface offers a 100-night guarantee. Meaning you can literally sleep on your purchase, determine that you love it even after washing and tossing and turning, and if for some reason you aren’t happy, you can return ’em and get your moola back. Plus the snaps on their duvets are guaranteed for life.
Convinced? Enthralled? In love? Clamouring? Let’s recap what’s great about bedface:
- Affordable prices thanks to close manufacturing relationships
- 28 million colour combinations
- Ability to mix and match to your heart’s content
- Low cost (or free) shipping
- 100-night sleep policy
- Lifetime guarantee on duvet snaps
- Breathable, proprietary luxurious cotton fabric
That SURE is a lot of features for, you know, a sheets company. Who knew you could be this jazzed about sheets? I certainly am – and if you’re as psyched about bedface as I am, then good news! We’re teaming up to give away a Queen or King sheet set (depending on your bed) to a lucky reader! Interested in winning? Here’s how to enter:
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by March 13, 2016 with a link back to your favourite sheet set (regular or super sheet set) combination on the bedface site.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around March 14, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow bedface Pinterest and Pin one of their pins onto your Pinterest account. Leave a link back to your Pin in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow bedface on Instagram and Regram one of their photos. Be sure to tag them in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow bedface on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall regarding why you’d love to try their sheets. Leave a link back to your wall post in a separate comment below.
7) Bonus Entry #4: Follow bedface on Twitter and send out a Tweet that tags them + me (@cdngiftguide) and links back to this post. Leave a link to your Tweet in a separate comment below.