She Gave You Life Savers
Mother’s Day is just a few short days away people! If you haven’t picked up your gift yet, I encourage you to check out my gift guides to date – including a grooming gift guide, fresh, general Mother’s Day picks, and some awesome ideas from Indigo and Quo. If you’re looking for a few other life savers, all of today’s last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas are readily available at tons of stores across Canada – so step to it!
Fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+ – $36 for a tub, $2.99 per bar
Shopping for a healthy mom? Save her a trip to the grocery store and stock up her protein supplements with this new product from Genuine Health. Boasting a whopping 25 grams of protein per serving, this awesome nutrition supplement is fermented for maximum absorption and made from ethically sourced dairy that’s free from hormones, antibiotics and GMO’s. It’s actually the first and only complete fermented protein powder made from Greek yogurt, and it’s got plenty of health benefits like extra amino acids and way higher calcium content than whey protein. Pick up a tub – or some bars – and treat mom to a creamy, healthy protein powder she’ll love to mix into her daily smoothie!
Netatmo Weather Station – $179 @ Best Buy, Home Depot and Online
If mom loves having info at her fingertips, the Netatmo Weather Station is a must buy for indoor and outdoor monitoring. Outdoors, it can help her keep tabs on everything from how the weather will impact her garden to whether the kids need a jacket before heading off to school. Indoors you can check out things like air quality and noise pollution – ideal for new concerned parents. All information is wirelessly transmitted to a handy app that makes it easy to see what’s going on in your world.
Daily Motherhood – $28.95
Some moms just need a little reminder of how important they really are. If you’re shy about putting it into words, let this sweet book do the work for you. Featuring 365 quotes about the love – through thick and thin – only a mother truly knows, each page of this lovely book is sure to inspire mom. I particularly love this gift idea if say, you’re no longer living at home or in the same region as mom – it’s a sweet way to remind her that you’re always in her heart and vice versa.
Set of Two Mom’s Day Off Sleep Masks – $39 @ Hudson’s Bay
Mom would love nothing more than to sleep in – so treat her right by blocking out the light with one of these adorable sleep masks featuring cute designs like spa-inspired cucumbers and a ‘Mom’s Day Off’ message. Cuddly soft and made from cotton, this is a perfect gift for Mother’s Day when paired with a little something extra – like perhaps, breakfast in bed? Or top it off with a matching set of PJs.
Starbucks Gift Cards – From $5
You know what mom would probably really love? Some time with you. Seriously. When we’re grown up and out of their hair, moms have a tendency to miss us. Schedule a coffee date with mom – on you! – with a Starbucks gift card. This year, they’ve got a few cool things going on. Select Starbucks locations are offering up a gorgeously designed greeting card to go with your $25 or more gift card purchase, making it an all-in-one gift you can pick up on the go. If you’re in Toronto, you can even add a little something extra to the mix, with select locations offering an Evenings menu, featuring fine (primarily local!) wines, beers and ciders. Not in the same city as mom? You can also pick up a digital gift card and set up a coffee date in the future!
lululemon Precision Jacket – $118
Calling all yoga goddesses! This sleek, stretchy zip-up is a perfect addition to your workout ensemble when heading to and from the studio, or when going for a brisk walk around town. Available in five gorgeous hues – including a rich jungle green and a pretty deep plum – this cozy jacket has all the features you’ve come to know and love from lululemon, like thumb holes and sweat-wicking Luon fabric.
Hand Cream Trio – $32 @ L’Occitane
There’s no doubt that mom’s a hard worker – so give her hands a break with this cute collection of hand creams in three of L’Occitane’s beloved varieties. From floral cherry blossom to soothing almond milk, this lovely trio is a perfect gift any time of year – and also comes in another variety from the brand’s Collection de Grasse (one for mom, one for your mom-in-law!)
Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Extra-Large Perforated Clutch – $158
I love the idea behind this clutch. It looks like eyelet lace – which is oh so timelessly chic – but the cutouts also serve a style function too, giving you a glimpse to a metallic colour below, ranging from sprightly silver to gorgeous gold. Available in three colour combinations, this large clutch is great for when mom’s running errands around town or as a stylish finishing touch for whatever weddings she’s headed to this summer.
I’m super excited to announce I’ve got another treat in store for all the mamas – and their kids / spouses / friends – that read the Canadian Gift Guide! I’ve got a swell prize package consisting of:
- $50 Starbucks Gift Card
- Daily Motherhood Book
- Fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+ Tub and 2 Protein Bars
- L’Occitane Hand Cream Trio
Want to win it all? Here’s how to enter:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by May 17, 2016 telling me what your favourite gift idea is in this post.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around May 18, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow Raincoast Books on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them in your photo! Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Like L’Occitane Canada on Facebook and leave a wall post about your favourite Mother’s Day gift idea from the brand. Link back to your post in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow Starbucks Canada on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway tagging them + me (@cdngiftguide), linking back to this post. Share your Tweet link in a separate comment below.
7) Bonus Entry #4: Follow Genuine Health on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway,tagging them + me (@cdngiftguide), linking back to this post. Share your Tweet link in a separate comment below.