Top to Toe
My favourite part about warmer weather means I can finally head outside again to get fit! This year I’m repping some awesome new SKECHERS – so I thought I’d highlight a few of my fave pairs + some cool ways you can pair them with other brands for a killer active wear look, whether you’re going for a stroll around the neighbourhood or pumping some iron at the gym.
SKECHERS Burst in ‘Own the Night’ + lululemon Ready & Go Tank – $68
I love me some sparkle – so these eye-catching black and silver SKECHERS caught my eye right off the hop. The special thing about the Burst line is the impressive air-cooled memory foam that make these shoes extra springy and comfortable. If you’re doing something so eye-catching with your footwear, opt for something more basic up top. I love the combination of these lululemon leggings + this anything-but-basic black tank / bra combo. It’s a winning look whether you’re working out day or night!
SKECHERS Whirl Wind Flex Appeal Shoes + Joe Fresh Ruched Active Tank – $19 + Ruched Active Shorts – $24
Like the Burst line, SKECHERS newest Flex Appeal lineup comes equipped with cozy memory foam, which actually contours to match your foot shape for a totally customized, comfortable fit. It’s especially great if you’ve got sore joints or sensitive feet and want something with a little extra cushion. The even better news is the fact they come in tons of fun patterns and colours, like this stripey style (which itself comes in 3 variations) that pairs almost crazily perfectly with this striped tank and shorts from Joe Fresh.
Free People Turnout Legging – $125 @ Sacred Tusk + SKECHERS Synergy Masquerade
Add a little drama to your workout wear with either one of these scene-stealing items. The SKECHERS Synergy come in a flashy metallic leather and have a shock absorbing midweight insole, making them ideal for walking or light training. Rock ’em with your most notice me pieces, like these wraparound leggings that bring a little ballet-inspired flavour to your outfit.
SKECHERS Skech-Air 2.0 Sweet Life + Old Navy Perforated Short – $6.99
If you want to look as energized as you’re feeling, then opt for one of SKECHERS brighter pairs of sneakers and make sure your ensemble matches! Designed for running and cross training, these performance sneakers come equipped with advanced shock absorption features, a stabilizing synthetic heel overlay, and of course, cushy memory foam insoles. Add a little zing from the toes up with these lemon yellow moisture-wicking shorts from Old Navy.
Titika Breeze Heathered Sports Bra – $42 + SKECHERS Synergy Scene Stealer
Want an easy breezy walking shoe that’s so simple to slip on you don’t even need laces? Check out these plush SKECHERS with criss-cross elasticized bands that make it a snap to get on and off. Available in a host of hues from bold black with rainbow stripes to more subtle combos, like this fresh mint and grey, they’re a perfect compliment to the pastel pieces in your fitness wardrobe, like this sexy minty blue-green sports bra.
There are literally hundreds of pairs of SKECHERS under their active wear category – and not just for women like I featured here. If you’re in the market for some new running around town shoes (either literally for or fitness purposes), then be sure to give ’em a look – you’ll have totally happy feet!
Meanwhile, I am excited to be giving away a pair of SKECHERS to a lucky winner! Enter to win here:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then, tell me in the comments below by June 21, 2016, which SKECHERS Active Shoes are you most interested in?
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around June 22, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow SKECHERS on Twitter, tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet about your favourite pair of active shoes! Post a link to your Tweet below in a separate comment to earn yourself an extra entry into the draw.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow SKECHERS on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Like SKECHERS on Facebook and leave a wall post about which of their active wear shoes you’re most interested in taking for a run. Link back to your FB post in a separate comment below.