What It Is: There are some webisms I’m more prone to use than others – and one of my fave has to be ‘HERE FOR THIS’, which is exactly what I am when it comes to MAKE UP FOR EVER’s new line of eye pencils, Aqua XL. Launched in tandem with a fresh new partnership with Charli XCX, these stunning eyeliners are making waves on multiple fronts.
First, you’ve got the incredible colour range. Liner – as you can see in the image of Charli XCX above – doesn’t have to be limited to a smudge of black. You can layer liners and use them as long-lasting shadows, or contrast them from your top to your bottom lid, or even create a wrist tattoo, like in the image above. The new Aqua XL line not only comes in a range of 20 hues from violet to bronze to blue to yes, black, the liners also come in five different finishes – Matte, Diamond, Satin, Iridescent, Metallic – to totally transform your look. I’ve had the chance to play around with the liners over the last bit, and the different finishes may be my favourite part – I especially love the unique micro-glitter of the Diamond liners.
Like all MAKE UP FOR EVER products, creator Dany Sanz and her team are all about innovating. So these eyeliners do more than deliver highly pigmented colour and buttery smooth application. They’re also designed to withstand tough environments – whether you’re swimming at the beach or crying tears at your best friends’ wedding or sweating up a storm at the club. Plus they’ve got unique ingredients, like mango butter to provide moisture, crystal copolymer gels to boost colour saturation, and emollient oil for hyper smooth application. It’s the must-have beauty product this summer my friends!
Who It’s For: Your bridesmaids, to complement their individual dresses and styles. Your sibling, to finally bring out those hidden tones in her eyes. Your sporty friend, so she can look glam no matter how hard she’s working it.
What It Costs: Each eyeliner costs $25 – the results are so worth it!
Soooo…I couldn’t leave you hanging by just talking about these amazing eyeliners. Because it’s the Canadian Gift Guide’s 6th Anniversary, MAKE UP FOR EVER and I have teamed up to give one lucky reader EVERY. SINGLE. LINER. in the new Aqua XL collection! That’s $500 worth of eyeliners ladies! Want to win? Here’s how to enter:
1) SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then, tell me in the comments below by June 24, 2016, what colour of Aqua XL Liner are you most interested in trying out? View ’em all here.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around June 25, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow MAKE UP FOR EVER on Twitter, tag them and me (@cdngiftguide) in a Tweet about the Aqua XL line and post a link to your Tweet below in a separate comment to earn yourself an extra entry into the draw.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow MAKE UP FOR EVER on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Like MAKE UP FOR EVER on Facebook and leave a wall post about which of their drones you’re most interested in taking for a test spin. Link back to your FB post in a separate comment below.
7) Bonus Entry #4: Sign up for the MAKE UP FOR EVER Newsletter and leave a separate comment below telling me you’ve done so. Note your email address will be verified if your entry is the winning one, so stay honest peeps!