Wedding Party Hearty
It’s that time of year when brides and grooms are picking out gifts for their faithful groomsmen and bridesmaids. I’ve selected a few ideas today for your consideration – for both halves of your wedding party!
COS Chunky Derby Sole Shoes – $225
Want to really impress the guys? Gift them with something they’ll actually use again, like a nice pair of dress shoes. These leather shoes are finished with a modern look, featuring minimal seams and a thick, chunky rubber sole. Capped off with a thin set of laces, it’s a perfect finishing touch to your groomsmen’s ability to look damn nice (for once!)
St. Tropez One Night Only – $20 @ Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique, Murale, London Drugs, Uniprix and Nordstrom
If your gals want to look their best on the big day, skip getting roasted in the sun or worse, in tanning beds, and opt for a short-term sexy solution. This easy-to-apply lotion glides on with ease and offers up a rich, golden hue that looks great against a bridesmaid dress but can be washed off once you hop in the shower. Just exfoliate 24 hours before, smooth on some lotion, and apply! A great choice for a bridesmaid goodie bag.
Corkcicle Whiskey Wedge – $24.99 @ Bed, Bath & Beyond
Enjoy the finer things with this clever drinking solution. The cup above comes with a silicon piece. You fill it up with water, freeze it, then remove the silicon and pour your whiskey in to instantly cool it down without watering it down. Cap it off with a bottle of whiskey for each of your groomsmen and let the good times rolllllll!
Yardley of London Eau de Toilette + Hand Soap Sets @ Shoppers Drug Mart
Your bridesmaids have been there to watch your love grow – so why not gift them with something that smells as fresh as an English garden? This lineup of perfumes and soaps is a perfect bridesmaid gift; you can give a different scent to each girl and every time she spritzes it on, she’ll be reminded of your big day. Available in three romantic scents – English Rose, Lily of the Valley and English Lavender.
Game Used Hockey Puck Bottle Openers – $129 @ Uncommon Goods
Is your groomsmen group made of up the guys you’ve skated next to for your whole life? Then celebrate your love of the game alongside the love of your life with an authentic NHL puck used at one of the games – that’s now been given a second life as a bottle opener. Available in every NHL team out there, it’s a cool one of a kind splurge that’s part memento, part functional.
Intense Plunge Strapless Bra – $49.95 @ La Vie En Rose
I’ve always liked the concept of gifting your bridesmaids something they’ll use for the wedding and then use again afterward. If your girls are rocking a sweetheart neckline for your wedding, introduce them to their new favourite convertible bra from La Vie En Rose! Most strapless bra make it tough to wear tanks and dresses with lower cuts. Not so with this one – available in two neutral and two springy colours, this sleek strapless bra offers plenty of support (and graduated padding based on cup size) while allowing you to bare a little bit more skin than usual. Plus it comes with straps so your girls can rock it with any of their favourite summer outfits.
BÖ by Mansouri Bow Ties – From $55
You ain’t never seen bow ties like this before. Wooden bow ties have been making a wave over the last couple of years, but these ones are something else. Handcrafted in B.C., they use a variety of wood and techniques to give their bow ties a diverse, fashion-forward look that’ll definitely turn heads. They’ve even got a collection made from concrete! Gift a different one to every guy for a dapper look that’ll look great on camera.
Stemless Aerating Wine Glasses – $92 for two @ Wayfair
Technically this gift works great for anyone you’re thanking for your wedding (including the in-laws and your parents), but I know how much gals love to raise a glass to their friendship so it seemed particularly apt for this post. These neat glasses really amplify the taste of your wine (or whiskey or cognac!) Simply pour the liquid into the fixed aerating chamber and it’ll boost the flavour in an instant. These stemless tumblers work for red or white wine, and look spectacular in use.
Want to nab some Yardley of London products for yourself + a La Vie En Rose Intense Plunge bra? I’m giving away a Lavender Luxury Soap + Eau de Toilette + Intense Plunge Bra (*Limited sizes available – 32 C-D, 34 A-B-C-D, 36 A-B-C-D, 38 C-D) to a lucky winner. Here’s how to enter:
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by July 17, 2016 telling me your favourite bridal party gift idea(s) in this post.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around July 18, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow Yardley of London on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo of their products from this post onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them + me (@cdngiftguide) in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow La Vie En Rose on Instagram and and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo of their Intense Plunge Bra from this post onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them + me (@cdngiftguide) in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.