Summer’s here, which means it’s time to take a peek into your makeup drawer and see if everything is still working for you. Summer is often a time to lighten things up – maybe leaving behind heavy foundation or swapping out that thick moisturizer for something a little more fluid. Today I’ve handpicked six awesome summer beauty picks that’ll make great gifts – including for yourself!
From L to R, Top Row First
eos Visibly Soft Lip Balm – $4.19 each @ Drugstores or Online
Summer is all about lovin’, so make sure your lips are tender soft! Made with 99% natural ingredients, these scrumptious lip balms are infused with shea butter and vitamins C and E. Plus, they come in yummy flavours like Blackberry Nectar and Coconut Milk. Hand ’em out as party favours at your next girls night!
NARS Summer 2016 Dual Intensity Blush $56 @ Sephora
Double your pleasure with this blush two-pack (it’s also available in another, deeper colour combination). Swipe on either colour on their own, or blend them together to create a fresh shade, or even play around with contouring to give your skin a natural beachy tan look. Best of all, these prismatic blushes can be used wet or dry for a more flushed, dewy look or a more natural, matte style.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick – $53 @ Sephora
Put the spotlight on your skin in a flash with this easy-to-apply highlighting shimmer stick. Adding a soft, subtle glow to your cheeks (and beyond) had never been simpler. Simply glide it on and blend with your fingers or a brush. It’s fabulous for traveling too, thanks to its solid formulation. It’s a great way to fake a summer glow when your skin’s a little parched after a day in the sun.
Paul & Joe Come Sail Away Lipstick Refills – $20 each @ BeautyBoutique.ca + Select Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques
For one thing, I actually love what Paul & Joe is doing with their beauty lineup. Each season they release new cases as well as refills for their products. You get to mix and match which products you’re running low of and put them into your existing cases. This season, one of their new offerings are some gorgeous lipsticks in three light, summery, tropical shades like coral and pink. Best of all, these adorable two-in-one primer + colour lipsticks also come with a cute cat face feature – which will actually stay put until you’re done with it! A way cute gift idea for your beauty bestie or cat-loving friend.
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Perfumes – $120 each @ Sephora
Inspired by the streets of New York and created by designer Derek Lam, this unique lineup of perfumes each comes with an accompanying film that really captures the vibe of the scent. With 10 to choose from, you can actually watch the videos on Sephora while reading about this diverse range – from heady orientals to romantic florals to tropical rain to sugary caramel. I love this gift idea for bridesmaids – gift each gal pal in your party with a scent that matches her personality!
eos Body Lotion – From $5 @ Drugstores + Mass Market Retailers
First they smoothed out your lips, now eos is taking aim at the rest of your bod. Not only do they have hand lotion and shaving cream, they’ve also got body lotion! Available in two fresh scents – Delicate Petals and Berry Blossom – these paraben-free lotions go on like butter but leave the skin feeling light and refreshed, while providing skin-quenching moisture for 24 hours. Slather it on after you step out of the shower and feel the richness of the avocado oil and shea butter all day long.
Exciting news! I’m giving away an awesome eos prize package, loaded with three shave creams, two lip balms, a body lotion and a hand lotion for one lucky winner. Here’s how to enter for your shot at winning:
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by July 16, 2016, telling me your favourite beauty gift idea from this post.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around July 17, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow eos on Pinterest and Pin something from their site onto your Pinterest account. Leave a link back to your Pin in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow eos on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them + me (@cdngiftguide) in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow eos on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall regarding your favourite product(s) from their site. Leave a link back to your wall post in a separate comment below.
7) Bonus Entry #4: Follow eos on Twitter and send out a Tweet that tags them + me (@cdngiftguide) and links back to this post. Leave a link to your Tweet in a separate comment below.