Find of the Month: Hillberg & Berk
Happy Canada Day everyone! I am so excited to be kicking off a month of (largely) Canadian-focused gift ideas. That’s right! For the first time ever, July is going to be almost entirely focused on gifts from Canadian brands, including this month’s amazing find, Hillberg & Berk.
Coming out of Regina, Saskatchewan, Hillberg & Berk, the line is designed by Rachel Mielke, who made a splash on Dragon’s Den with her beautiful collection of gems that use semi-precious stones, high quality metals, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals. With new styles arriving all the time at a great range of price points, there’s something for everyone that loves a little sparkle in their life!
Today, I’m picking out some of my favourite Hillberg & Berk styles, plus highlighting some awesome ideas for when to gift them!
Sparkle Collection – $70 – $170
Perhaps what the brand is MOST well known for right now is their Sparkle collection, which centres on Swarovski-bedecked spheres affixed to a range of bracelet, earring and necklace styles. It’s a simple concept but a dazzling one – the light catches these baubles like nothing else, and the coordinating pieces are just the right blend of dainty and glam. The other awesome thing is the range of colours! While I featured pinks and purples above, you can literally get these in every colour under the sun from black to white to on-trend metallics like rose gold. They’ve even got official ‘team’ sets for all you CFL fans!
Perfect For: Your bridesmaids! Gift each girl a set in her favourite colour or opt for a unified set to keep them coordinated on the big day.
Caracara Pendant – $160
A little goes a long way with this bold, lilac-hued pendant necklace. Featuring an oversized faceted crystal with a hint of iridescence, this stunning necklace is at that perfect length where you can wear it with anything from a maxi dress to a simple tee to up the glam factor. It also has a cute secondary gem sunken right into the chain for a little extra flair! Sometimes the simplest pieces are the prettiest and this one totally stole my heart.
Perfect For: Did you know your 15 year wedding anniversary is your crystal anniversary? Why not celebrate with something you’ll treasure for the next 15 years?
Portobello Ring (Square) – $140
Did you know that Hillberg & Berk teamed up with Olympic Gold Medalist (and Canada’s sweetheart) Tessa Virtue for an exclusive collection? Inspired by Tessa’s au naturel beauty, this earthy line features cool stones like turquoise and moonstone (my favourite!), like in the ring above which is finished with uneven hammered gold to give it a truly artisanal feeling. It’s a dynamic collaboration that goes to show just how truly Canadian this gorgeous brand is!
Perfect For: Your daughter for a graduation gift or special keepsake.
Monique Bracelet – $125
One of the other things I really love are all the options to browse on the Hillberg & Burke site. You can peruse by jewelry type (ring / necklace / bracelet / earring), as well as within specific collections, like Spring / Summer 2016. And within a collection itself – like that SS16 one – you can further browse by mini colour collections, which is where this pretty blue bracelet comes from – the Sweet Sapphire line! It makes coordinating super easy, as well as shopping – just head for your fave colour and you’ll have a wish list in no time.
Perfect For: Your always put together mom or mother-in-law – who wouldn’t love a piece or two that match perfectly?
Lily Earrings – $125
Of course, Hillberg & Berk also has a great lineup of jewelry for the bride-to-be (along with your bridesmaids and mother of the bride!) The gems are exactly what you’d expect – soft, shimmery pearls alongside stunning crystals and off-white stones. They also work with a line called Tacori to sell high end diamonds appropriate for wedding and engagement bands – so if you’re not quite at the alter yet, give ’em a peek and send a hint to that special someone.
Perfect For: The blushing bride looking for a ‘something new’ or even a ‘something blue’!
I’m basically doing cartwheels I’m so excited to tell you that Hillberg & Berk has agreed to give away not one, not two, but ten Sparkle Ball Sets! Valued at $160 each, these stunning two-piece collections are a great way to add a little bling to your life! If you’d love to win one, here’s how to enter:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then, tell me in the comments below by July 31, 2016, which item from Hillberg & Berk would top your wish list? Please include a link to it in your comment!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around August 1, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow Hillberg & Berk on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow @cdngiftguide on Instagram and keep an eye out! At some point this month I’ll be sharing a photo of *my* Sparkle Ball Set. Leave a comment on my photo that tags a friend of yours on Instagram that you think would love to win a set as well, then head back here and leave a separate comment on the post telling me your Instagram username to earn an extra entry into the draw!