Find of the Month: Present Day
Gift baskets and boxes may have a bit of a fusty reputation – you’re probably picturing something that’s mostly stuffing and waxy-tasting chocolate almonds. That is, until now. Enterprising shops like Present Day – this month’s big find – have reinvented the classic gift basket into something totally modern, hip, and full of amazing gift ideas all tidily bundled into a convenient package. I *adore* the idea of discovering new brands through one of their gift baskets – Present Day prides itself on working with Canadian (namely Toronto-based) crafters that produce high quality, luxurious products you’ll fall in love with.
I’m highlighting five of my favourite gift baskets from Present Day, just in time for the holiday season. You can nab these baskets for your staff, suppliers, friends, hosts, you name it – they don’t feel impersonal at all, because the products are so carefully curated and lovingly wrapped up. So without further ado, come check out some amazing gift ideas that require no more than a few clicks to bring into a loved one’s life!
Blush Box – $100
First up, a box that’s pretty much universally perfect for any woman, at any age, filled with gifts she’ll treasure. Kick things off with a relaxing soak in the tub using rose-scented bath salts, while you light the included rose and cedar soy candle. Then jot down some thoughts in the pretty pink notebook while munching on the artisan milk chocolate and sea salt bar. Finish things off with a simple sparkly bracelet, dried flowers, and a mini handmade bud vase to decorate your desk with some greenery. Gift it to everyone from your mother-in-law to your best friend!
Whisky Groomsman Box – $70 + Sparkling Bridesmaid Box – $58
These days, brides and grooms are looking for creative ways to thank their wedding party for well, being a part of their party! These cute gift boxes are perfect for either asking someone to join in the festivities, or as a thank you gift for partaking in the wedding. And they’re far from the only ones Present Day offers – check out their entire wedding collection for fantastic gift ideas at a range of price points and themes, so you can even tailor each box a bit to your party’s likes. Plus you can include a custom note that’s appropriate for whatever stage of the wedding you’re gifting it.
Little Cuddles Baby Gift Set – $100
This is the newest – but certainly not the only – baby gift box available from Present Day. It’s filled with wonderful and practical essentials for new babies (and moms!), including super soft scratch mitts, a cap, washcloths and a stuffed animal, plus a swoonworthy vintage Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit book. The simple white theme makes it totally gender neutral, while the lovely packaging makes it a thoughtful gift for your coworker, cousin, or other baby mama in your life.
Culinary Gift Box – $62
If the person you’re gifting isn’t into, shall we say, semi-permanent items like candles or bath products, then opt for something they’ll use on the regular, like a food-based gift box. This charming set is jam-packed with artisanal Canadian products, including infused sea salt, olive oil, mustard, spices, and a zippy hot sauce. Again, it’s one of many different culinary options out there – you can also pick up ones geared toward specific loves like alcohol, coffee or wine.
The Woodsman Box – $108
You may have noticed that lots of these gifts are totally unisex – yet another awesome perk of shopping with Present Day (they even have sets for couples). But some sets are also tailor-made for just the ladies or just the lads, like this rugged chic set filled with awesome picks like a hand sewn handkerchief, cedar wood bottle opener, and slick minimalist pocket knife. Of course, it’s not all serious – there’s also some sweetly exquisite chocolate skulls that are hand painted as well! A great gift for your new brother-in-law to welcome him to the family, or for your dad, or even your hubby.
I’m so excited to get to introduce Present Day to you guys this month. I truly believe it’s an awesome gifting resource if you’re either a little gun shy about a particular gift for someone in your life, or if you’re simply shopping for someone that loves to discover new, independent brands (often based in Canada). I’m doubly excited to give some of you a chance to try out Present Day for yourselves – I’m giving away 3x $50 gift codes so you can check out a box of your own. Want to win one? Here’s how to enter:
1) First off! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, leave me a comment by October 31, 2016 with a link back to your favourite gift box on the Present Day website.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around November 1, 2016 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Like Present Day on Facebook and leave a wall post on which of their boxes are your favourites. Link back to your wall post in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Present Day on Pinterest and repin your favourite item from their boards. Share a link to your Pin in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow Present Day on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
Don’t forget! There’s often many other chances to earn bonus entries into all of my giveaways. As a subscriber, keep an eye out on daily posts for more ways to enter to win!