When I set out to write this year’s gift guides, I did make an effort to feature as many Canadian gift ideas as possible. In fact, I was contemplating writing an entirely Canadian gift guide at one point – but it made sense to spread the love a bit. Today’s gift idea however, earns the honour of being pretty much the most Canadian gift idea I could imagine: maple syrup.
Not just any maple syrup, mind you. Cosman & Webb is an organic maple syrup farm in rural Quebec (about 45 minutes from Sherbrooke). Family-owned for three generations, this rustic brand takes pride in their product, labeling their syrup as ‘Single Forest’ origin. With no pesticides or sprays, and a commitment to biodiversity and preserving the beauty of the landscape, this officially certified organic farm is truly a testament to the gifts our land gives us.
Now let’s get to the good stuff – the syrup! Cosman & Webb is actually the official (and exclusive) maple syrup supplier to Earls restaurants across Canada, speaking to their restaurant-quality goods. You can buy their organic maple syrup in four different standard sizes, starting from 250 ml ($12) and going up to 1L ($24) – prices that are comparable or even lower than what you’d find in a grocery store. They’re also offering free shipping for a limited time this holiday season, just type SHIP100 with your $100 purchase at checkout.
You can actually get a case of 12x 100ml bottles for $72, which I highly recommend. Keep them handy for everything from thank you gifts for your kids’ teachers to host gifts to stocking stuffers to fun little add-ons for your best friends’ gifts. Literally no one will turn down a primo bottle of Canada’s liquid gold.
As an extra special treat, try checking out Cosman & Webb’s Organic Maple Sugar ($12). This natural sugar can be used in place of literally anywhere you’d use regular granulated sugar – from your favourite holiday baking to sweetening your hot coffee or tea.
Syrup is a great hostess gift or gift idea for foodies (more inspo on that front here), but I also love it as a stocking stuffer. You can buy Cosman & Webb products directly from their website or check out their extensive list of retailers across Canada to pick up some bottles in person.
Cosman & Webb and I are teaming up to give one of my readers a very sweet Christmas indeed. We’re giving away a prize package valued at just over $150, including:
- 1x 500 ml Cosman & Webb Maple Syrup
- 1x 1L Cosman & Webb Maple Syrup (To refill your glass bottle!)
- 1x Maple Syrup-Themed Au Pied Du Cochon Cookbook
- 1x 250g Cosman & Webb Maple Sugar
- 1x $30 Cosman & Webb Gift Card
Want to win this amazing collection? Here’s how to enter for your shot at the most syrupy sweet Christmas ever:
1) First off! You must be a Canadian Gift Guide subscriber to enter this giveaway. Just find the ‘Gift of Gab’ box on the righthand side of this page and either hit ‘Follow’ or enter your email address. Once you’ve done that, leave me a comment by December 10, 2016 with a link back to your favourite product on the Cosman & Webb website.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 11, 2016 to select the winner(s), who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Cosman & Webb on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos and take a photo of your fave product from their site and share it on your own feed, tagging them in it. Leave a link back to your photo in the comments below in a separate comment.
ICYMI: You can check out all active giveaways by visiting the Winners Circle section of my site!