The Merben, The Merrier
I’m really happy to be putting the CANADIAN in the Canadian Gift Guide this year. Today’s brand is yet another example of the great things Canadian businesses are doing. Merben International is actually pretty well-aligned with this very blog: We both love picking out amazing gift ideas. Merben’s M.O. is to source some of the coolest gift ideas in the world, and make them accessible to Canadians. My job is to highlight some of the coolest gift ideas in the world that are accessible to Canadians. Natural fit right? So without further ado, here are a few of my favourite gift ideas from Merben – which are available online, but can also be found in retailers, spas, gift shops and more near you.
Felt Sphere Ball Rugs – $240 each
I feel like this is how *I* heard about Merben – their cuddly, cool rugs that are part art pieces, part toasty warm floor coverings. Made from real wool by hand in Nepal, these ethically sourced pieces are a perfect gift idea for a loved one that’s moved into a new home this season or simply appreciates some updates to their home decor. Plus they come in two colour palettes to work with any decor!
Dry Brushes – From $16
Have you read about the benefits of dry brushing? Considering that your skin is your largest organ, it makes sense we’d want to give it a little more TLC. The obvious benefits of dry brushing are, naturally, to slough off dead skin and leave your complexion more glowing and radiant. But it can also help improve circulation, boost your internal organ function (by detoxifying), soothe sore muscles, and even minimize the appearance of cellulite. Merben’s dry brushes are one of their signature products, and are available in three levels of intensity – soft (jute), medium (sisal), and coarse (coconut). Just scrub away before you step into the shower and you’ll be on your way to gorgeous skin (and a better feeling overall) in no time.
Striped Throws – $260 each
I love getting and gifting cuddly blankets in the wintertime. Living in our climate you can honestly never have enough snuggly things, and these wonderful striped throws are a perfect gift idea for your nearest and dearest. Coming in three color combinations – from totally neutral grey and white to more vivid pops of red or teal – these heirloom-quality, handmade throws are a true treasure.
Flower Hair Ties – $6 each
You can’t forget about stocking stuffers when it comes to holiday gift shopping – and Merben has plenty of ideas. I love these little floral hair ties – they adorable on little girls but also add a flash of whimsy to any woman’s hairstyle too. You can also nab them in one of two colour palettes – bright and vibrant or soft and muted pastels.
Poufs – $170
The pouf is destined for a renaissance when it comes to household decor. It’s so versatile! Use it as an end table, footrest, or extra seating in a flash. These unique poufs are available in four colours to suit any home. Great for gifting to your parents or in-laws to spruce up their entryway (these make great mini-seats when you’re lacing up those winter boots) or their summer home.
Felt Pens – $8 each
Made with loving (and fair trade) care by women in Nepal, these felted pens are a fun gift for your colleagues, or a neat stocking stuffer for the kids. They come in a huge range of styles, including professions, animals, fantasy characters, and even special ones for the holidays (although two styles are sold out online right now, sniff). Quirky with a heart of gold – that’s a solid gift idea right there!
Excitingly, I have yet another great giveaway! Not one, but TWO lucky readers are each going to receive a gift basket of dry brush products, made ethically in Sri Lanka by men and women. This prize package includes the brand’s best-selling bikini brush (to help banish ingrown hairs in time for winter travel season), as well as a back brush, body brush, and foot brush with foot butter so you can truly be smooth and sleek from top to toe. Want to win? Here’s how to enter!
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave a comment by December 21, 2016 with a link back to your favourite gift idea from the Merben website, plus who you’d give it to!
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around December 22, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible to participate in this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Follow Merben on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos, or share a photo of your favourite gift idea from their site onto your own Instagram! Don’t forget to tag Merben in your post, and link back to it in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Merben on Twitter and send out a Tweet tagging them + me that links back to this post. Link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Like Merben on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall about your favourite gift idea of theirs.