Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, meaning guys (and gals) everywhere are scrambling to think of a gift to express their love. Well folks, the panic ends here. Canada’s cultural department store, Indigo, has truly become a one stop shop for sweet, romantic, tastefully curated gift ideas for virtually any type of Valentine’s gift recipient – kids, long-time spouses, newly dating, close friends, you name it.
With plenty of retail locations from coast-to-coast and great shipping options online, you will honestly be hard-pressed to just pick out one idea for your loved one. To help you out, I’ve picked out a few of my top gift ideas from their special Valentine’s Day Shop!
Heart-Shaped Crossover Bag – $45 each
First up? The world’s cutest bags. These adorable little strappy bags are perfect for your Valentine’s Date, with enough room to stash your smartphone, lip gloss, and breath mints (and beyond, to be honest). Available in three hues – including a sharp black that edges out this sweet-shaped bag – the bag is made even cuter when you unzip it to unveil a floral print lining. A perfect item for your teenage daughter or, let’s be honest, yourself.
Striped Reading Socks – $34.50 + Hot Water Bottle – $29.50
It’s easy to forget, with all the scantily clad lingerie models promoting Valentine’s items, that V-day definitely takes place in the bitterest of winter months. Indigo has it right though; their holiday fave reading socks have been given a festive February makeover, coming in two stripey combinations with a heart knit into the heel. Whether you’ve got someone keeping you warm in bed or not, a toasty knit hot water bottle is always a welcome addition when the winds are howling outdoors.
Owen & Fred Work Hard, Play Hard Duffle – $125
If you’re hunting for gifts for him, Indigo’s Valentine’s Day Shop has plenty of options! One functional gift with a festive nod? This red-accented duffle bag, which is a great treat if say, he’s got an old bag that needs replacing, whether for fitness, business travel, or a weekend getaway. Bonus idea – top it off with travel essentials and surprise him with an overnight trip for the two of you.
Mine and Yours Mug Set – $34.50
The couple that sips together, stays together! At least that’s the theory behind this sweet gift idea. Leave them as a set and break them out for lazy brunches and long conversations on the weekends, or split them up and have a sweet reminder of your sweetheart while having a cup of brew at the office.
Soft Touch Scarf – $39.50 each
Want to get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day without looking like a walking valentine? Then be sure to check out these pretty, subtle scarves, which feature a heart print that doesn’t scream Cupid at first glance. Available in a Valentine’s-friendly pink and red combo or basic black and white, it’s a cute accessory for your closest friend, or even your mom, just to show how much you love her.
Indigo online and in-stores has a pretty amazing lineup of gift ideas this year for everyone on your list. From cute picks for the kids to sweet treats for your sugar-toothed sweetheart to techie gifts for the teens, there’s so much to love.
Now my loves, I have an amazing prize package to give away to one of you darling readers. If you win, you’ll nab a prize package valued at $119 and including:
- Striped Reading Socks
- Heart-Shaped Crossover Bag
- Soft Touch Scarf
Here’s how to enter for your shot at winning!
1) Heads up: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by February 20, 2016 that includes a link to your favourite product(s) from Indigo’s Valentine’s Day Shop.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around February 21, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow Indigo on Pinterest and Pin something from their Valentine’s Shop onto your Pinterest account. Leave a link back to your Pin in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Indigo on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them in your post. Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
6) Bonus Entry #3: Follow Indigo on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall regarding your favourite Valentine’s product(s) from their site. Leave a link back to your wall post in a separate comment below.
7) Bonus Entry #4: Follow Indigo on Twitter and send out a Tweet that tags them + me (@cdngiftguide) and links back to this post. Leave a link to your Tweet in a separate comment below.