Isn’t She Lovely
Another day, another Valentine’s Day gift guide. Today I’m highlighting five sinfully sweet gift ideas any lady would flip for!
Vichy Idealia – From $37
Housed in pretty pink packaging, Vichy’s Idealia line is a luxe pick when you’re looking to encourage some ‘me time’ for your favourite girl. The collection is designed to help fend off the early stages of aging – like fine lines or visible pores. Consisting of two day creams, a night cream, two BB creams, a serum and an eye cream, the collection is a perfect choice for the lady in your life that loves to lavish her skin. Plus for those of you that are truly committed, it’s a sincere idea to gift her with an item that’ll make her look as lovely as the day you met.
Painting the Roses Red Dress – $90 @ Ever Rose
Every gal needs a dream dress to truly be in the mood for love come Valentine’s Day. This gorgeous floral printed dress pairs an unusual palette of hues – from minty green to deep cranberry – for an unexpected, eye-catching look. The universally flattering fit and flare cut makes this an elegant choice for any lady love you’re shopping for, plus she’ll flip for the built-in pockets!
Cococo Chocolatiers, Owners of Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Chocolate Hearts – $31 – $87
I know chocolate is a traditional Valentine’s Day gift, and I’ve got *nothing* wrong with that. But please, oh please, back away from the $5 boxes of chocolate on the shelves and gift her with something truly delectable. You know what I mean – the type of chocolate she’ll rarely splurge on for herself, like Cococo’s filled chocolate hearts. Available in 3 sizes ranging from 10 to 50 pieces, these scrumptiously sweet boxes are also edible! Available at Cococo stores across Canada.
Alex and Ani Key to My Heart Charm Bangle – $34 @ Hudson’s Bay
I have a bit of a stigma against heart-shaped jewelry for Valentine’s Day…but even I have to admit this little bangle bracelet is a worthy pick. If you aren’t really ‘Valentine’s people’ or you’re in a relatively new relationship but you still want to do something sweet, this lovely little bracelet delivers on a few fronts. First, the price point makes it a totally reasonable pick no matter your budget. Second, it’s adjustable, so you can ensure the right fit for her. And finally, it comes in both silver or gold, to go with her wardrobe.
Kett Cosmetics Personal Palette – $58 USD
I featured Kett Cosmetics on my blog over the holiday season and a lot of you were interested in this pro-quality brand, so I thought I’d circle back to them in a slightly different context. What’s cool is Kett actually sells palettes you can custom design with your choice of coloured and skintone-inspired pans. Whereas before I moreso honed in on their skintone pans (meant for concealing, contouring and foundation), I also wanted to highlight their coloured pans, which can be used on your lips, cheeks or eyes with a nice, buildable formulation. Want to gift her with a universally flattering Valentine’s Day palette? Try the combo of Daiquiri, Rio and Hi-Lite that you see above!
I have a $280 prize package to give away to one lovely lady (or generous guy). If you win, you’ll receive:
- Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep, Eyes and Life Serum
- Cococo Chocolatiers Medium 16-Piece Heart
- Kett Cosmetics Personal Palette
Here’s how to enter for your shot at taking home this sweetheart of a prize:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by February 21, 2016 telling me what your favourite Valentine’s gift for her is from this list! You’re welcome to pick more than one 🙂
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around February 22, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry: Do as many or as few of the following as you’d like. For every bonus entry you rack up, be sure to leave a separate comment with proof (i.e. a link – Google ways to grab links to Tweets / FB posts) or your bonus entries won’t count!
Cococo Chocolatiers – Like Cococo on Facebook and leave a wall post about which of their delectable treats you’re most interested in trying this Valentine’s Day.
Kett Cosmetics – Follow @kettcosmetics on Instagram and either regram one of their photos, or share a photo from their site onto your feed (screenshots are a great way to do this). Be sure to tag @kettcosmetics in your shared photo.