Find of the Month: Anita
February is a month for lovers sure – but it’s also a month that I think warrants doing something for yourself, regardless of whether you’re single, dating, hitched or engaged. Maybe you want to reward yourself for sticking to your resolutions so far. Or perhaps you’re fed up with winter and need a treat to get through the dark, cold months to come. Whatever the case may be, may I recommend Anita as a lovely place to pick up a piece or two?
If you’re unfamiliar, Anita is a fabulous heritage brand with over a century’s worth of history. Their aim, even since those early days, was to create the best-fitting lingerie on the planet (they actually started with ‘body belts’ to help cinch women’s and men’s waists in). Today, the brand (and its sister company Rosa Faia) retains some of its historical charm by having long-running employees and the same commitment to fit, style and quality.
That’s why their products are stocked at some of the nation’s top lingerie stores; the experts are in agreement, Anita knows what they’re doing. Just use their store locater to track down which boutiques near you have which products (and to what degree) in stock. And they aren’t just about flirty underthings either – they’ve got plenty of options for everyone from nursing mothers to sports babes to post-mastectomy. I’ve picked out a few of my fave styles below so you can start your ‘treat me’ wish list for this February.
Rosa Faia Fleur Underwire Bra + High-Waist Brief
The selling point here for me was the colour! A rich indigo blue like this isn’t something you often see in lingerie, and it also evokes Pantone’s Colour of the Year, Serenity. Available all the way up to a J-Cup, this pretty two-piece set offers the coverage and comfort you want without sacrificing sensuality.
Anita Momentum Sports Bra + Sports Panty
As mentioned, Anita isn’t just about filmy, fragile underthings. They’ve also got some serious chops when it comes to performance underwear. Their Momentum Sports Bra, for example, has been given a prestigious Red Dot Award for its amazing design and performance – the pre-shaped cups and range of sizes mean that any woman of any shape can have maximum support when it counts the most. Up the comfort level by pairing your bra with a pair of breathable, stretchy sports panties and fit like second skin.
Given that bathing suits are pretty much like strutting down the beach in lingerie, it only makes sense that a brand as committed to fit and comfort as Anita is would also create swimwear. All of their patterns are available across a range of styles, so if you find one you love, chances are you can also nab it in the exact cut you want, with some mix and match tops, bottoms, and one-pieces. Plus, they’ve got coverups, sarongs and wraps for those post-sunning strolls. Even if you’re not in the market for new lingerie, if you’re heading somewhere sunny this winter, be sure to check ’em out for some swimwear options.
Malia Underwire Contour Bra + High-Waist Brief
It’s worth noting that not only are Anita’s swimwear lines mix and match, but so too are many of their bras and panties. The Malia style you see above – with a leopard-esque print and Swarovski crystal detail – comes in a few different styles of tops and bottoms to suit your preferences, including a wire-free mastectomy bra, and three different undies (thong, bikini and high-waist). Your best bet? Find a style you love, note the name, do a search on their site and check out all your choices.
Anita also has a pretty extensive line of stuff for new moms. So even if you’re not feeling your sexiest after giving birth (or if you’re still pregnant) they’ve got you covered. From nursing bras to functional, breathable, flirty nighties, robes and PJs, there are plenty of pretty picks available. What’s great is their MumSets are specifically designed for both before and after you’ve given birth – they’re made from a stretchy material and cut for a growing belly, yet they also feature covered openings for nursing after the baby has arrived.
Good news people! I’m giving away a Sports Bra + Sports Panty from Anita this month to one lucky reader, valued at over $160! Here’s how to enter for your chance to win:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by February 29, 2016 that includes a link to your favourite product(s) from the Anita website.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around March 1, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow Anita on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them in your photo! Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Follow Anita on Twitter and Tweet about the giveaway, tagging them + me (@cdngiftguide) and linking back to this post. Leave a link back to your Tweet in a separate comment below.