Find of the Month: Crux Supply Co.
I really do love finding and writing about gifts for guys. They can be a trickier demo to buy for in some ways, but easier in others, cause guys are so hesitant to shop for themselves – it’s easy to poke around their drawers, closet, workbench, you name it, to pick out what he’s most in need of.
Today, I’m psyched to introduce you to Crux Supply Co., which neatly ticks the boxes of A) All-natural and organic! B) Handcrafted in small batches! and C) Quality men’s that actually work and are beloved! Come take a virtual walk with me to learn a bit more about this groovy brand.
Beard Oil – $26, Post-Shave Oil – $24, Pre-Shave Oil $28
First up, a trio of products to suit your daily facial hair maintenance needs. If you’re a beard grower, then you already know about the importance of keeping your hair and skin duly moisturized. This rich blend of essential oils is perfect for seeping into both spots for a beard that practically glows.If you’re a shaver, then start with Crux Supply Co.’s Pre-Shave to help minimize bumps and redness, and follow it up with a luxurious lather of their Post Shave product.
Shave Soap – $10
As for the act of shaving itself, Crux’s whole mantra is you don’t need all that foamy stuff (which is created using a not great for you chemical) isn’t necessary. Instead, they’re doing things the old fashioned, mighty fine way with their Shave Soap, which lathers up beautifully with an earthy scent of rosewood, clary sage and energizing bergamot. Also cool? The bar’s unique grey hue comes from an infusion of bentonite clay, a form of volcanic ash that’s like a little spa break for your skin by detoxifying and cleansing.
Charcoal Grit Bar – $16
Crux Supply Co. isn’t just for your face by the by. They also care about you from head to toe, as demonstrated with this gritty body bar infused with pumice, black walnut shell and charcoal for an exfoliating, detoxifying scrub. Not only does it help get you scrubbed up and baby soft, it smells amazing too, with a fresh cedar, clary sage and lime scent.
Styling Pomade – $14
One area that guys can be a little more picky on is their hair stuff – but give em a dollop of Crux Supply Co.’s Styling Pomade and it’ll be an almost guaranteed match made in heaven. Built from beeswax but offering flexible hold, this bright smelling pomade is perfect for keeping his mane in check, but it could also be used for sculpting sideburns or facial hair into place (or you can try their ‘Stache Wax). Makes an excellent stocking stuffer too!
Some other cool stuff you should know about Crux Supply Co., while we’ve got a few moments.
Like all good outfitters, Crux Supply Co. also has all the shaving implements you could ever need, including old fashioned razors, shaving brushes, dapp kits and so on. Prices are generally under $30 per item.
And while I’ve focused on Crux Supply Co.’s skincare products in general, they also offer up a few other collections. The owners carefully curate a collection of vintage finds ranging from cozy fisherman sweaters to dapper pocket squares, but fair warning, they get snapped up quickly! No worries though – if you love the brand’s rootsy vibe, they also stock a line of lifestyle items like these cool waxed canvas lunch bags that look authentically old but are totally eco-friendly and awesome.
I’m excited that this month, we’ll be giving away a Deluxe Shaving Kit and a Charcoal Grit Bar from Crux Supply Co., containing all the items needed for a close, clean shave! Want to win it? Here’s how to enter:
1) First & foremost: you must be a subscriber to the Canadian Gift Guide to enter this giveaway. It’s as simple as finding ‘The Gift of Gab’ box in the righthand column and dropping in your email or clicking follow. Then leave me a comment below by April 30, 2016 that includes a link to your favourite product(s) from the Crux Supply Co. website.
2) Entries are limited to one per person / per email address / per household (or more if you score bonus entries). A random draw will be conducted on or around May 1, 2016 to select the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen in their place.
3) Entries are limited to Canadians that have reached the age of majority in their province. Quebec is not eligible for this promotion.
4) Bonus Entry #1: Follow Crux Supply Co. on Instagram and either Regram one of their photos or share a photo from their site onto your own Instagram. Be sure to tag them in your photo! Leave a link back to your image in a separate comment below.
5) Bonus Entry #2: Like Crux Supply Co. on Facebook and leave a post on their wall about which product of theirs you are most interested in trying (or gifting). You have no obligation to mention the CGG.